Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I received my Ignited Push Button Starter. I have read alot on this site about the S2000 install but nobody has done one for the Ignited brand.

The way it looks on the back of the button is:

1- hook up to12volt power (tap into the cig lighter)
2- hook up Ground
3- Ignition Wire (tap in Blk/White wire under the steering column)
4- 12 volt power (tap into White wire under steering column)

Please let me know if this sounds right to anybody that has done the install. Also, is a relay really needed since the RSX-s already has a the factory relay in its path?

Anybody know what will happen if i hook it up without a relay?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Once I complete, i will post pics and a step by step guide to the Ignited install.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
i dont think it will work with the relay. The switch itself cant handle all the voltage or something so thats what the relay is for, the button triggers the relay or something like that or maybe i'm totally wrong.

·
Registered
789 Posts
thaiwebb - It has been a while sice I did mine, but what you are describing sounds right. I can't remember the type of relay I picked up, but if you start the car and then push the button again you hear the relay and that's it, if you turn the key to start the SRS light comes on and then goes off and that's it. I can't ever grind the starter teeth again...WOOOOOOHOOOOO!

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
I just installed an S2000 Push Start a few weeks ago (write-up and pics to come next week), but don't have any experience with the Ignited Button. I can't imagine hooking it up without a relay, but I guess you won't know until you try. I would probably do a little reading up on it...there isn't anything on this site, but you might want to search the web or get in touch with Ignited to see what they recommend.

The relay that you would need is an SPDT relay....you can try to get one at Radio Shack or order one off of Sounddomain.com.

Here is the link to the thread I used to install mine. There is a helpful diagram that I followed that made things pretty smooth. The button works perfectly, and is cool as shit:

S2000 Push Button Start Install

Hope this helps bud.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
The great part is, you never have to worry about accidentally hitting the starter when the car is on and grinding the starter and the flywheel...plus it's a nice piece of eye candy...

·
Registered
108 Posts
im stuck on my install becuase i dont know whether to use the relay or not... i got the ignited button i didnt know anything about the s2k button...and if i was to use the relay...how did you hook it up kause im confused about this stuff...i would appreciate it if you helped me.. thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts