Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not getting any spark on ignition coils 12v when it’s on ignition go to crank it no spark, & the lowest it sees is 11v. I do have a ry wire harness
Took out the spark plugs & tried it outside of the car & no spark at all, spark plugs are as new as when I put them in.

i borrowed a friends stock harness rsx type s & ignition plugs don’t have no power it was grounded out, to valve cover

Grounds
Trans to frame
timing side cover to Frame

I have fuel pressure so I’m good on that side

I relocated battery to the trunk as well but I made sure it was done right with 0 gauge wire

& there is no codes of bad crank sensor or any other codes at all

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
Battery Positive travels to under hood fuse relay box to #19 100A then to #20. Next travels to the ignition switch by white wire and out of the IG1 black/yellow wire to under the dash relay #1 15A coming out black white to the coils. I would check those fuses.

From what Hondata was saying the battery relocation can drop voltage when trying to start up, the shorter the cables the better or closer the battery to up front the better.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
You may be short some grounds. I know the valve cover should be grounded to the chassis with the paint removed to bare metal. Also in there is a ground that goes from the passenger upper post mount to the chassis. To be honest I have always believed in ground wire kits nad have made them myself. Everytime I get done making a ground kit the engine runs smoother. I am relocating my battery inside cabin on the passenger side floor board as close to the firewall as possible. I am using a 650 cranking amp lightweight battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts