Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a few searchs and I'm not finding what I'm looking for. With that said, I'm putting a kill switch in, but I don't really want to do the fuel pump like everyone else. 1) everyone has it 2) its a give away when your car starts, then sputters until it stalls.

So, I is it possible to run a switch off of pin 9 on ECU connector E?(ignition signal)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=619495

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Possibly but I wouldn't. You can just kill the actual starter wire. Nobody said you had to kill it under the steering wheel. If your dead set on killing that particular wire I would suggest not using a relay. The internal resistance in a typical relay could possibly screw up that circuit. I would build a simple mosfet type relay.

·
Registered
551 Posts
What I did was cut the two tires for the clutch switch. The one that makes it so you have to push the clutch in to start it. Then I simply extended the wires to my button location. And attached them to a simple momentary push button. Car thinks its the clutch button. Plus you don't invade into import and ignition wires and fuel pump wires.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Doesn't matter what you do the car won't even try to turn over till my kill switch is pushed. No start and sputter here.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Why bother? You can not hot wire an RSX and drive it off--the chipped key prevents that. Any professional out to steal your car is going to show up with a truck and simply haul it away to the chop shop, never even realizing, or caring, that you had a kill switch on the car.

One of those alarms that silently emits a signal to your phone or pager or whatever and includes GPS and battery backup (because the pros will cut the battery cable) will at least tell you where to send the police... IF the alarm is stealthily installed: meaning NOT in the same damn place all the shops put it.

A garage actually works pretty well :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts