Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, I'm trading my Complete nitrous kit for my friends Drag Turbo kit plus cash.

Actually what I'm getting from him is what I can actually use becuase it isnt made for the RSX.

-T3/T4 Turbo
-Wastegate
-Blitz BOV
-Intercooler
-Maybe the fuel pump but I want an in-tank one so who knows.
I can't use the manifold and I would rather not scrap together intercooler piping, so I'm gonna let my friend's friend make me some (as well as the equal length tubing manifold)

I'm wondering how hard its gonna be to actually get this thing up and running.

I need:

-injectors
-fuel pump
-some kind of management/tuning
-piping
-manifold/downpipe

I'm getting the injectors (still not sure wether to get 480 or 550) from a friend brand new. Hes also the one thats gonna get me the custom intercooler piping and turbo manifold.

The guy I bought the kit from is gonna get me a new flange for the bov.

I'm getting one of my friend's old Greddy E-Manage (he has 3:laughing: ) I already know I'll need custom tuning.

I'm either gonna stick with the fuel pump he has ready for me, or get the other one... not sure yet.

Any comments good or bad would be great. I need people's honest opinion on this. The kit itself is in great condition and its currently installed on his gsr. He told me that with the setup I'd be pushing around 350 or so WHP with about 17lbs of boost.

So...

Custom Manifold (good quality shit) - "no more than $325"
Custom Intercooler Piping (ditto) - "around 175 for everything you'll need"
Injectors we're not sure on yet becasue I havent decided on which size
Emanage from Arcticblue - $125
Custom 3" Downpipe - $190 or so

·
Banned
16,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I'm not gonna runs 17psi all the time... he was just saying that because there was an LS that he built for a friend of his that had the same turbo kit as me and he was putting down like 401whp on 100 octane and 17psi.

He was just giving me a rough esimate of the kind of the higher end of the power potential. I'll probably run around 8-9 after I've been tuned.

I plan on getting the CN pistons and rods later on down the line.

·
Tarmac meister
5,640 Posts
Randeezle said:
Hahah well he might be turbo but he doesnt have a T3/T4 under his hood now does he?;).

Yeah I was too cool to spool, back when me and Jason had that little rivalry with nitrous vs. turbo. Well see wasup after I get my turbo installed.

HAAAASSSAAAAA :bow: :bow: :laughing:

·
Murderator
13,398 Posts
RsxVengeance said:
HAAAASSSAAAAA :bow: :bow: :laughing:

HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts