Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
///M
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
alright, so i finally have enough money to buy this turbo from this shop here in philly... The story with the turbo is that it was defective and they sent it back to get a new one.. The shop wants $4200 installed and tuned for the kit.. The new turbo has less than 100 miles on it... it's a cn1 t3t4 turbo. what do you guys think? is it a good deal to save $800 on a barely used turbo? what else should i know or ask these guys before i purchase? cant wait

thanks

btw--- i currently have hondata tuned ecu, i should try to swap somebody's before i get the turbo? is acura/honda dealership the only place i can get this done?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Be careful buying a used turbo..I've seen kids destroy them in less than 100 miles..

Not to say that it can't be O.K. ..Check for shaft play..Did they tell you why the turbo is being sold after only 100 miles?? Usually people don't sell this kind of investment for no good reason in this short amount of time without a story behind it..could be legit, just keep your guard up in these situations; I know its exciting to buy these things, just make sure you aren't ending up with someone else's headache..

BTW, what shop is it coming from??

·
///M
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its coming from impulse performance in philadelphia... he seems legit, but i think im gonna check out the shop and meet the guys myself... he got rid of the turbo because he got rid of the rsx for an 03 m-3... hopefully things will go right..

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
what kit or is it custom setup

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah, best bet is to check them out..They can probably give you some info about previous setups and Customers they've had..

I've never had any Customers that had previously been to them, but they are about 30 min away from us..You'll prob be fine, just make sure you get the whole story..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts