Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know nothing about this headlight stuff,what do i do to get the bluish tint headlights that you see like really expensive new cars with?do i need an HID kit like whats on the site($500)or can i just buy bulbs?if i can get bulbs what should i get?i wanna try to get them off ebay so i need like names and numbers and stuff.also are they easy to change?thanks for the help guys............

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ok i will try to answer this, the best way to get the blue look is with bulbs. These are not the besy though. They usually do not last very long( Anywhere from a week to a couple of years, my friend averages 4 months). When you use bulbs they also lower your visibilty. They look cool when you are looking at them but from the inside it lowers your visibilty. Bulbs can run you from $20 to $120. You can get some good bulbs for around $40 though. I recommend getting higher wattage bulbs - like 80w or 100w. But becareful because these high wattage ones can burn your harness (although i have never seen this happen to any newer model car). Some good bulbs for that blue color are eurolites crystal xenon($40) and some people really like the PIAA super plasma($80). These are some "blue" bulbs but their are a ton out there and they all really seem the same to me but typically the more expensive ones last longer. Now with HID kits, they are the best but usually they are not very blue. Sure, they look blue on the Audi's and BMW's but thats because they are designed for that with projectors n what not. Aftermarket ones are just really white. Some companies offer different bulbs with their HID kits to make the color somewhat blue. I believe K2 does that. Good HIDs cost like $500 though. The HIDs sold on this site are phillips and i believe those are more of a "bright white". Bulbs are easy to install and most HID kits are plug and play and take about an hr install. So if you want blue go with bulbs for a while and then in the future go to HIDs and put the blue bulbs in your high beams and enjoy...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i think maybe i should just stick with the stock stuff then,i mean burning up wiring harnesses?and blubs only lasting 4 months,that doesnt seem very appealing

·
Registered
368 Posts
no i think you should go for it. Its a fun,simple, and affordable mod. Your wiring harness isn't gonna burn up. It can handle the power and if you get like a good set of bulbs for like $40-50 the bulbs should at least last a year. The PIAA even have a 1 year warranty... definitly still go for the bulbs, i didn't mean to deter you!

·
Registered
368 Posts
you could but i don't like the whole ebay ordeal. Go to a local car shop or something... talk to the guy there and he will help you make a better decision and whatnot. Its a lot easier but hey whatever works.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Focus4 said:
The PIAA even have a 1 year warranty...
You sure? The PIAA i bought 2 years ago only lasted me 4 or 5 months. I don't recall a 1 year warranty. At most, it was only 30 or 60 days.

·
Registered
368 Posts
yes i am almost 100% sure there is a warranty. There is a 1 yr warranty on the bulbs made in the U.S, the ones made in japan do not hold the warranty. Yours might be the japansese ones... Check it out at www.PIAA.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts