Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, I just got a stage I turbo. The car is purposefully tuned rich, and because of this the rear bumper that surrounds the exhaust has a thick black appearance. Well, it seems that I can't wash out the black. This is why I need to get an exhaust that sticks out a little further out so I won't be burning my bumper.

8,021 Posts
You could go to a muffler shop, get a custom 2.5-3 inch pipe and have them make the muffler stick out a little.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AnDylishus said:
have you tried using a claybar on the affected area?
Well, at the moment it's 29degree's outside so I don't have a chance to clay it. I just don't know if the exhaust stains are baked onto the bumper.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DesertSilverRSX-S said:
You could go to a muffler shop, get a custom 2.5-3 inch pipe and have them make the muffler stick out a little.
I guess I could do that.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
boostd5 said:
make some kid of "cover" for that spot on the bumper that is getting affected, works well depending of the material you use...thin piece of metal would work
What kind of materials could I put on the bumper?

·
_
572 Posts
the 5zigen exhausts stick out some

your boosted though..so I imagine you want bigger piping than 60mm

also the mugen twin loop sticks out as well

·
You really paid for that?
2,045 Posts
I have the same problem, get 2001 car polish, the neon green bottle, takes it right off. ;)

Make sure you get car polish.. thats what it is called 2001 makes many car cleaning products.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RSX_Turbo_9psi said:
I have the same problem, get 2001 car polish, the neon green bottle, takes it right off. ;)

Make sure you get car polish.. thats what it is called 2001 makes many car cleaning products.
Thanks man, I'll check it out 2morrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts