Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i set up a run with this guy who has a civic hatch with an LS engine... he's running with an intake and exhaust... i have the 5spd with intake and exhaust... alot of people say it will be a good race... i think its gonna come down to who is the better driver...wat do u guys think? we bet 10 dollars... i'm wondering if i should try to up the ante on this... let me know wat u guys think :thumbsup:

·
Registered
741 Posts
It sounds like when I bet one of my friends with an integra ls for $50 (turned into an IOU situation though). Well, if he was stock, you could screw up the start and still beat him...but now...I truly think it will depend on the driver. You have a little more hp and torque than him, but his car is most likely lighter than yours. Sounds like a pretty good race. Just be sure to feather the clutch instead of revving and dropping it...this will definitely help you with a better start and keep your car from bogging in first gear. Other than that...hopefully you are a better driver than him. Good luck and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
260 Posts
indeed, it will be a drivers race. i gotta give the edge to you since i have a 5sp base too, or in other words, "i would love to see you win!" but it will be a close one since the hatch has a slight weight advantage..

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
doesnt an ls engine only come with 140 hp or something like that and the base comes with 160. So if you put an intake and exhaust on both of them wouldnt the base win since it still produces more power. Doesnt the K series engine also respond better to mods than the B series? I think that the rsx would win this one

·
Registered
971 Posts
$10 huh .. don't spend it all in one place :laughing:

as for the race, i think it'll be pretty good just like what others have said already

6,327 Posts
freekboy said:
how much does a civic hatch weigh?
i believe its around 2250-2400 lbs depending on which model and what options does it have..ill give the RSX the nod,Ive raced my friend's EG hatch w/ a LS swap same I/H/E set-up,but he got a weak clutch (and so he said :laughing: ),but the dude never caught up after 3rd gear :thumbsdow ..heres one piece of advice,lose some weight,ive said this before,ive taken out my spare ties jacks,tools,had a CF hood,lose the sound deadening materials,and the acceleration had really improved.so gudluck

·
///M
5,299 Posts
what u gonna do with $10?! kick up to 50-100 and then take ur gf out to dinner :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
screw the gf...my baby on four wheels comes first. lol. Best of luck to you though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
cyrusx07 said:
i set up a run with this guy who has a civic hatch with an LS engine... he's running with an intake and exhaust... i have the 5spd with intake and exhaust... alot of people say it will be a good race... i think its gonna come down to who is the better driver...wat do u guys think? we bet 10 dollars... i'm wondering if i should try to up the ante on this... let me know wat u guys think :thumbsup:
Not to be rude, but I'm speaking from experience. LS motor in a Civic hatch will take you because it's a lot lighter than your car and has a better power to weight ratio. That and when people drop different motors into their cars, their motors aren't exactly going to be stock. Your chances of winning are only if his setup is screwy, bad clutch, dumb driver, etc. :D :spin:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the info... it is only 10 dollars... if he beats me he beats me... but i'ma try my best to win... it sux cuz we are supposed to run tomorrow (sunday) but the roads are recovering from a snow storm and they are wet... wen we race id like it to be dry... and DavidT, if he beats me thats fine(i'm not gonna lose sleep over it, its just $10)... but i'm sure its gonna be a real good race... thanks for your opinons

6,327 Posts
DavidT said:
Not to be rude, but I'm speaking from experience. LS motor in a Civic hatch will take you because it's a lot lighter than your car and has a better power to weight ratio. That and when people drop different motors into their cars, their motors aren't exactly going to be stock. Your chances of winning are only if his setup is screwy, bad clutch, dumb driver, etc. :D :spin:
Really?..funny coz last time i checked you werent there. :rolleyes: people nowadays are stuck w/ power to weight ratio theory,you didnt even asked what my set up was ?,dont have time to make up stories especially if im ranting about beating a Civic w/ a "LS" swap,not to be rude though,but if thats your cup of tea,more power to ya!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
heres an idea.. the first time you guys race, sand-bag it and see what he's got. then go double or nothing or even raise the stakes higher.. but thats only if you're confident about beating him.

·
Registered
529 Posts
ShoktongVtec seriously what makes you think, pound for pound he's going to beat a LS powered hatch with equally skilled drivers? They weigh like 2200-2300 pounds with 140 horses on a stock LS motor. And not just regular people are talking power to weight, EVERYONE is dude. If power to weight wasn't an issue, then why do people remove as much weight as they can before a drag event...why do pro racers run with a bare chassis, skin and only roll cage inside (Besides drivetrain)? You even said it in your reply a few posts up. Think about it dude, common sense. Just cause you beat a LS hatch with a bad clutch don't mean you can beat them all, that's like beating an old lady to the register line and thinking you're the shit.

And I don't care to be there to watch you race, you're all the way across the damn country from me. Make a vid and I'll watch :D

6,327 Posts
DavidT said:
ShoktongVtec seriously what makes you think, pound for pound he's going to beat a LS powered hatch with equally skilled drivers? They weigh like 2200-2300 pounds with 140 horses on a stock LS motor. And not just regular people are talking power to weight, EVERYONE is dude. If power to weight wasn't an issue, then why do people remove as much weight as they can before a drag event...why do pro racers run with a bare chassis, skin and only roll cage inside (Besides drivetrain)? You even said it in your reply a few posts up. Think about it dude, common sense. Just cause you beat a LS hatch with a bad clutch don't mean you can beat them all, that's like beating an old lady to the register line and thinking you're the shit.

And I don't care to be there to watch you race, you're all the way across the damn country from me. Make a vid and I'll watch :D[/QUOTE

Man you're comprehension skills is so bad,just like you're taste on Vehicle, :laughing: ok Mini Odyssey,what makes you think a L/S swapped Eg will beat a RSX shedding 90 lbs less has CAI,Hondata,race header and exhaust,Man dont know what you're smoking but damn thats some serious shit,Im not dissing the fact that losing weight is a big factor in drag racing but thats not the entire point,what i mean is people should not base winning on a race just on weight issues ALONE!!!and you said it yourself as well "Just because a Civic w/ LS swap whupped your Stock lowered Mini Van that doesnt mean its going to beat every base RSX out there.wake the F$% uo dude. :drool:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Pound for pound, mod for mod you will LOSE. That's what I'm saying. And by any means my "mini Odyssey" isn't stock. And where did I say in my post I got beat by a LS hatch? Since you seem to think my car is stock and talk shit about my car, put your pink where your mouth is and I'll race you for pinks. PM me and I'll make it official in the VS. forum for everyone to see. I don't mind driving all the way out there to drive home with a base RSX so I can sell it.

6,327 Posts
Its confirmed you're retarded,!nobody would bet a pink slip especially an RSX to a caravan looking underpowered Civic,you've been watching too much fast and furious,thats why you're racing people for slips ,ill feel bad taking your only means of transportation for you.Funny thing is you're in ClubRSX dissin RSX's,what a loser,go back to MiniOdysseyperformance.org
and rant w/ your fellow eggheads,piece of advice son,dont feel all high and mighty, asking people for pink slips for something that runs 15 seconds and worst of all,its not even paid in full,you're such an amateur in the lowest kind of form :laughing:and you say you dont mind driving home an RSX and sell it?..sure if you WIN,a big if,why dont you drag you're ass all the way here in VA,and PM me when you arrive i would love to see that,then ill know you're serious.till then shut your ass up! :nervous:

·
Registered
529 Posts
No where in my posts did I diss RSXs...dude you need to learn how to read small slong shoktong. You keep thinking I'm saying this and that, read my posts again and stop assuming. I'll make it official, I'll writeup a contract and send it to Chris (K20A2) for everyone to see. Then I'll fax you a copy so you can sign it, I'll sign a copy and send it to Chris. I'll make it official in the VS. forum. And when I bring home your car, you're still paying it off, I will write that in the contract. I don't want to drive to Va to have your punk ass back down. I don't fuck around. My "stock" mini van will waste your base RSX with your mods :laughing:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Don't back down shoktong. Take my offer. To you I'm just "stock" and I love that feeling. I just emailed K20A2, who is the founder of this board. When I get his OK, it's OFFICIAL. BRING IT AAWWWN! My bro needs a new car anyway :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts