Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Car Is Sold!
6,315 Posts
Heh, see, I like having the immobilizer b/c it keeps my car from being so easily jacked. I read somewhere in the Hondata documentation that you could unplug the transponder to get rid of the immobilizer light, but I would much rather pay the $$$ for a reprogram than to disable such an effective anti-theft device. I lucked out and got it done for free, so it all worked out for me! :)
Yes, that is true. However, I've read that if they really want to steal your car, they can easily have a kpro'd ecu already programmed with the immobilizer disabled.

·
You Want Some Rep Points?
192,687 Posts
Yes, that is true. However, I've read that if they really want to steal your car, they can easily have a kpro'd ecu already programmed with the immobilizer disabled.[/QUOTE]

i know that hella suck!:firemad:

·
Registered
39 Posts
After reading this, I don´t know it clearly ,,? :dontknow:

Could my Honda tech able the immobilizer in my Euro Civic Type R , with a K-pro PRB from US Acura RSX , or reprogramming must be done with Acura tools? ,, because in Europe there aren´t Acura dealer :(

·
Registered
292 Posts
After reading this, I don´t know it clearly ,,? :dontknow:

Could my Honda tech able the immobilizer in my Euro Civic Type R , with a K-pro PRB from US Acura RSX , or reprogramming must be done with Acura tools? ,, because in Europe there aren´t Acura dealer :(
I think your best off simply disabling the immobilzer system dude. I think you stock immobilzer system works alittle differently then ours here state side. But if you want to try it, then you'll need to take your car to whoever makes the car, (not the ecu.) In your case, honda.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,088 Posts
Good thread. I was going to try to go to Honda to get my immolbilizer re-enabled. Now I know I can only do it at acura.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all I know this is a old thread however I’m curious I’ve been having a vtec issue and someone has suggested it could be because of a connection inside my ecu, I am wanting to buy kpro but I’m not sure if sending in this ecu in is worth it or if I should buy another... acura is 150kms a way so reprogramming is something I want to avoid; thanks in advance!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts