Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
KB24 FTW
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, seems like every automobile sight i look on these days has a played out heated debate over whether the imports or the domestics are more superior. Is it not true that imports are better in some categories and domestics in others? it is always evident that some cars outperform others and no matter what you drive, there is always something different out there that it can be compared to. Every car is different for different reasons so why cant everyone just accept that and just stop flaming each other? :laughing:

·
Registered
95 Posts
People are proud of what they own. You guys will not always own an RSX and I am sure you will be just as loyal to your next car. Its natural for people like us to defend what they own. We are proud of or cars.

·
KB24 FTW
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WRXskeet said:
it will go on forever, someone from ether side is always gonna be bitter about something.

just love what YOU drive and be happy.
very true...i personally bought an rsx because it was in my price range and i liked it better than everything else that i could have had...IMO, it was the best thing for me, so why cant people understand that about each other?

·
KB24 FTW
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SRT>RSX said:
People are proud of what they own. You guys will not always own an RSX and I am sure you will be just as loyal to your next car. Its natural for people like us to defend what they own. We are proud of or cars.
of course, because if money was no option, than it would all come down to opinions...but i dont think people buy cars that they believe are inferior to others that they could have.

if i had it my why, id be in a mclaren F1, and even if people found a way to flame that, id be happy so what is it that im not getting here? why do people have to argue? why cant everyone just say im content with what i have now and if you dont like it, oh well

·
KB24 FTW
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
03EBZ06 said:
I don't have any problems with cars itself, it's the mentality of owners which I have problems with, both import and domestic.
true that, some people get so worked up over this stuff...does it really matter that much?

i like the fact that all cars are different and some are better than others in different ways, and looks are basically objective so, to me, there should be no argument, cars are different end of story :driving:

·
Registered
489 Posts
aywwsd said:
cars are different.

import = slower

domestic = faster

sad, but true.

p.s. i own the slower import. :nervous:
Thats semi true from a "Speed" stand point. People don't always buy cars based merely on their speed. And Twisty is right about the Import thing.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
WRXskeet said:
it will go on forever, someone from ether side is always gonna be bitter about something.

just love what YOU drive and be happy.
Yeah. Like the cowboys and redskins, cubs and cardinals, bears and packers, yankees and red sox, it's just one of those things that will always produce an argument, or heated debate.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
SRT>RSX said:
I'd be proud of that ass in your avatar :eek:

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
twisty1251 said:
^technically Porche Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo, MB SLR Mclaren are imports, and they'd easily pwn just about every domestic stock for stock except maybe the new Z06 :tonguegri

I think when people mention imports they typically mean Asian, while if you are talking about Ferraris and stuff you are talking about exotics. That's how I have always heard it's classified. It doesn't make it right though. Technically those cars are imports.

There will always be a domestic vs import battle because there are always going to be closed minded idiots that own each. It's ok though. I like racing fanboys because it hurts them twice as much when you beat them as it does a regular car enthusiast. :driving:

·
Registered
76 Posts
WRXskeet said:
wickdmonkey, is this going to be the longest month of your life or what?!?!?
I know what you're talking about and I'd like to kick him square in the balls. :firemad:

·
Registered
489 Posts
YBS1 said:
I know what you're talking about and I'd like to kick him square in the balls. :firemad:
Lol.

·
Custom User Title
1,755 Posts
Are there "really" any domestics or imports anymore.

I mean go buy an Accord....and it will read MADE IN THE USA.

Ford, Chrysler, GM ALL have plants in Europe and Asia.

Shit Ford and GM own parts or all of most European car companies.

Honda, Toyota and Nissan ALL have plants making "some" car/truck here in the US.

Mercedes Benz OWNS Chrysler (Daimler-Chrysler....;))

The only car companies left that are TRUE imports are a few Koreans, Porsche & Ferrari....SO FUCK these import manufactures.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts