Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So a buddy of mine got a new 250 ninja for his first bike and I checked into the deals that most bike dealers have right now, and decided it was time for a new bike. I sold my last one to buy my RSX, and now I'm back in the game.

:w00t::w00t:

Here is my crappy cell phone pis when I got it, zero miles and from a few days earlier, a pic of it in the crate still.

Attachments

·
I <3 Techno
1,973 Posts
:drool:

shoulda got the black raven one... I think that's what it's called?

The all black with red trim? omg that one is teh sex.. but blue is my second choice fo sho :thumbsup:

Reactions: Big Cam

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Damn that shit had me confused for a bit...totally forgot about the r6s....interesting choice. Its nice but what made you decide on that instead of the R6?

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Damn that shit had me confused for a bit...totally forgot about the r6s....interesting choice. Its nice but what made you decide on that instead of the R6?
lol

its still a pretty damn good bike. It took top honors back in 03 when it was first revamped from the 02 version. This is just the same bike as the 03-04, and a lot more affordable than the 'true' r6. Its pretty comfortable as well.

What kind of price did you get OTD?

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
lol

its still a pretty damn good bike. It took top honors back in 03 when it was first revamped from the 02 version. This is just the same bike as the 03-04, and a lot more affordable than the 'true' r6. Its pretty comfortable as well.

Yes tis true..I'm glad you left out the 2005 model for comparison sake because they did revert some features that were originally on the 2006 model, yes? 1k less in pricing must be subjective as to what is affordable or not. Regardless, I'm just glad I'm not seeing another honda around here. :drink:

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few things actually.

1st was the price, it was $1,000 cheaper.

2nd is the fact that to get the full potential of the R6 Raven you need to put that boy on a track, otherwise on the road, all it equals to is a less comfortable ride.

3rd The tank on the Raven didn't quite fit my legs right, it is shaped different than the R6s, and the S fit's me the best. I'm 6'4" so a crotch rocket is still hard on my back. Plus I love the blue.

The red and black Raven is sick though, I love the red on the outside of the rim.

82 miles on it tonight, :w00t:

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol

$I bought a bunch of shit with it.

I got it for sticker which was $8,299, then I got 2 helmets (~$400), a Joe Rocket Jacket ($200), and for $660, a four year extended warranty, giving me 5 years total. :w00t: After tax and license it was $9,985.01

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
Yes tis true..I'm glad you left out the 2005 model for comparison sake because they did revert some features that were originally on the 2006 model, yes? 1k less in pricing must be subjective as to what is affordable or not. Regardless, I'm just glad I'm not seeing another honda around here. :drink:
On the 05 they went to radial brakes and usd forks...with a little bump in hp.

the 06 was the first year this current gen r6 was made, so the 2006 R6s is essentially an 03-04 R6.

you know what that means...

next year, all new r6 lol.

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
..yeah you're talking about r6s, yes? Current gen r6 only has 2 years on it..IMO i don't even think they'll keep r6s around.
I actually think they will keep the r6s and the r6 (of course) but faze out the yzf600r. Not that its a bad bike, but to have four inlcuding the fz6 in the 600 category is too much.

The fz6 caters to the naked/budget crowd
r6s to the street oriented person
r6 who has to have the latest, greatest for the street/track

the 600r is old, and being carbed, I think it would be too much r and d and expensive to get it to meet euro 3 emissions.

phan - all new r6. it is already 1 year in its cycle. Nowadays, a bike is old school after 2 years. Honda seems to only do minor updates, but that might change.

I think yamaha will have to answer honda's 600rr. The r6 is too track oriented.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol he might as well live in Iceland, fucking South Dakota, who lives there :) jk nick
You always mes that up, it's North Dakota, it's even colder here:p

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.