Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post and I bought an 02 "premium" automatic RSX a few months ago. I've wanted one for a while but it sure isn't cheap for a student...

Anyway I never planned to race such an incredibly slow car, as it's just for daily drive/commute to school and work. But a buddy of mine has an 04 LX accord coupe who keeps bugging me to run it with him. Will I have more success, in a straight line, leaving it in [D], or should I use this sportshift thing that I have? If so what are the best times to upshift?

ty

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
sportshift...drive it a few times, find out exactly where the rev limiter is and ur good to go...and just a fyi you are gonna lose the race

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's probably gonna happen, but this is the guy's first stick car so I pray for his inability to drive.

what's the rev limiter for this car?

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
lol..6800 Jag.

But yea practice using sport shift. You kinda have to shift up a little early, because there's a little delay and doesnt respond right away. So, shift at 6600 and it should shift right at 6800, but every car is different.

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
wow...fastest base auto time is a 15.8?! What do you guys run stock?

lat-R

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts
waddup Bullitt?

Stock autos run mid 16's-low 17's stock...actually some have ran mid 17's too.

lat-R

sorry i had to do that :D

·
Registered
7,126 Posts
BobaGT said:
waddup Bullitt?

Stock autos run mid 16's-low 17's stock...actually some have ran mid 17's too.

lat-R

sorry i had to do that :D

nm man, you?

hehe, yea...you guys have an uphill battle trying to make your cars faster but I respect you for trying :)

and yea, everyone picks on my salutation :p

lat-R

·
997 C4S
11,065 Posts
slowredrsx said:
Hey, this is my first post and I bought an 02 "premium" automatic RSX a few months ago. I've wanted one for a while but it sure isn't cheap for a student...

Anyway I never planned to race such an incredibly slow car, as it's just for daily drive/commute to school and work. But a buddy of mine has an 04 LX accord coupe who keeps bugging me to run it with him. Will I have more success, in a straight line, leaving it in [D], or should I use this sportshift thing that I have? If so what are the best times to upshift?

ty
It doesn't make a difference.... D, SS, it's the same thing.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Speeddemon69 said:
btw you topic creator you will win the race if the accord is also an auto. At least i know i did when i was stock. :thumbsup:
yup ive taken an auto v4 accord quite easily i must say

1 - 20 of 59 Posts