Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I am a complete dumbass, I think I accidently pulled the inboard joint on my passenger side axle apart. The inboard boot on this axle is more stretched than the driver's side inboard boot and I can't really get it to go back in. Has anyone else made this mistake? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks for the help.

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
suicide worked for me

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
jk but i have no idea

·
Registered
880 Posts
just slowly rotate and push in and the same time. it could take 10 seconds to 20 minutes. all depends on how lucky you are.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
just slowly rotate and push in and the same time. it could take 10 seconds to 20 minutes. all depends on how lucky you are.
This works, it does take forever sometimes though.

Personally, I remove the driveshaft from the car and just hit it against the ground. Pops right back in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This works, it does take forever sometimes though.

Personally, I remove the driveshaft from the car and just hit it against the ground. Pops right back in.
Really? I was afraid about handling it too rough and causing damage parts of the joint. Is it that durable?

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Really? I was afraid about handling it too rough and causing damage parts of the joint. Is it that durable?
Yes, just protect the splines. Wrap them in an old t-shirt or something. I've done this dozens of times without any problems at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.