Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone knows about bolt ons on the shelf. Like Injen CAI and PLM race header. But what people don't know is the benefit of using custom bolt ons designed for your setup/mod choices. If done by someone with the knowledge of timing the reflection waves. You can achieve more power than basic bolt ons.

I talk about it in this video. I suggest also researching inertial supercharging.
https://youtu.be/6P2p9dXULlU

Also for an example of what I've achieved with just bolt ons, full interior, and partial street tune. Check out this video
https://youtu.be/Lh0iA9uPxrA

I will post again after dyno tune. To see how much better I can do.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
There’s detailed articles you can read on air flow through an engine. Some heavy science. Save yourself a headache and just checkout the intakes and headers posts on this forum. In my opinion, after 250 HP it takes some serious $$$ and a lot of effort to squeeze more HP out of a natural aspirated engine. Just cheat and go force induction.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wait , " after 250 hp", you say? I think you skipped some info. Jk. Really though got any tips? 2005 type s. Cai and flowmaster catback exhaust. I want to keep the exhaust and im def planning on ecu tune just looking for some tips.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
497 Posts
Realistically how much HP are you looking for? Force induction gives you the best bang for your dollars. A supercharger is the easiest to install, and you don't have to butcher up your RSX. Very reversible. Intake, supercharger, motor mount inserts, fuel injectors, header, exhaust, programmable ECU, and a good tune will give you 275+ HP with stock engine internals. Just remember HP = $$$ no mater which route you go.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Wait , " after 250 hp", you say? I think you skipped some info. Jk. Really though got any tips? 2005 type s. Cai and flowmaster catback exhaust. I want to keep the exhaust and im def planning on ecu tune just looking for some tips.
Achieving 250 horses without forced induction is going to be very costly. Get a 3" exhaust, race header, cams, and then a tune. It'll get you close at least.

Intertial supercharging requires a fabricator/engine builder with extensive knowledge, and more than likely a flow bench as well. It takes everything into account from the intake filter, all the way to the exhaust tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts