To those of you with infinity basslink subs
in their RSX could you please post a pic of
how and where you have it installed?
I'll be getting mine in about a week and
am really clueless :confused: about where
to mount the darn thing.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
speaker facing the seat or facing the rear?
sitting up or speaking facing the glass?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply Torinalth. It appears that drilling anywhere in the back is out of the question. I can find no hard points that don't interfere with access to the spare, etc..

I still would really appreciate if anyone has a picture of a basslink installed. Anyone? Anyone?
:confused:

#5 ·
I am also getting the baselink from a friend, and I have the cargo tray, so I was thinking about just sticking the sub where the spare is if it'll fit. Other then that I really don't see any logical place to put it to keep the cargo tray. the left hand area where the optional cd changer doesn't seem like a big enough space for it. Also does anyone know which wire i'm suppose to use on the HU for the REM? I have the base model.

I'll be installing in about a week or so when I get my fog lights. I'll go ahead and run the wires and what not as long as i'm ripping apart the center console.

#8 ·
cool, i imagine they take up less room firing back, but sound better up, bounce off the glass instead of the plastic!
woudl be my guess

#9 ·
this is theory but the shortest distance makes for the cleanest sound... hence firing forward... the theory comes in that i believe firing up 1 is a shorter distance, and 2 with the glass it does not absorb as much as the plastic.... but think about it... its a basslink.. its not taking up much room at all.

T

#13 ·
i think firing up woudl be the best. less vibration from platic...
just a guess though. what about facing the back seat.... it woudl be muffled quite abit i imagine

#14 · (Edited)
thats a no no. the issue isnt muffling its the resistance of new sound waves 1 being deadened by the fabric on the back of the seat, and 2 - those that are not absorbed bounce all over... the issue with that is that the majority will be bouncing back (albeit indirectly) to the sub and when the new waves hit the old reflected waves they will typically cancel. same reason you dont want to build a cube for a sub box... just outside.

NOW... that is only if the speaker is against the rear seats. if its against the back of the hatch and firing forward the distance is great enough that it will not reflect as much if any at all, as it has a lot more space to move in all directions. and honestly if I didnt absolutly HATE having a woofer in that location i would definatly do it as it would provide a linear path that would give better SQ results.I am still kicking around the idea myself of reversing my box design just to fire forward and fold the seats down... I can not stress enough how much better a sub sounds firing strait with on interfearance and not having to reverb off the back of the car.

EDIT: the orientation does help, however one thing i want to point out is that no box or orientation will make an audiobahn sound clean... just as a CDT woofer will sound like ass in a 2 cubic foot vented box firing back... If i have enough MDF left to screw around with i will probably build a box with a DOWN firing sub theater style, as i have only seen 1 done before and have never heard one... i dont hold any real hopes for SQ, but i want to know for sure.

T

#15 ·
cool, good info, +Rep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.