Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah I call BS on the no vibrations added. :bsflag:

It doesn't add as much vibrations as solid engine mounts or ESSM inserts, but it definitely adds cabin vibration, especially when you're at the light with the A/C on.

I had an Ingalls torque damper on my base, tried it on the softest setting, added rubber washer near the mounting point, it didn't matter, still got rattling cabin vibration.

It does eliminate most of the wheel hop and engine movement, throttle response is improved as well, but in my opinion its not worth it in a daily driver.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah I call BS on the no vibrations added. <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/bsflagsmileyface.gif" border="0" alt="" title="BS Flag" ></a>

It doesn't add as much vibrations as solid engine mounts or ESSM inserts, but it definitely adds cabin vibration, especially when you're at the light with the A/C on.

I had an Ingalls torque damper on my base, tried it on the softest setting, added rubber washer near the mounting point, it didn't matter, still got rattling cabin vibration.

It does eliminate most of the wheel hop and engine movement, throttle response is improved as well, but in my opinion its not worth it in a daily driver.
X2 had one on the motor before stiff mounts. Hell nah that think must not be adjusted right. That thing vibrates as much as the soft set of mounts.

Car i bought a month ago had that dampener and 85a mounts. Needless to say i took the dampener off. Was pointless having stiff ass mounts with that on there. I didn’t like mine stock or boosted. It was either stiff mounts or nothing. If you don’t want the car to vibrate, sell the rsx and buy a Mercedes and keep it stock lol 😂

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe its the K24 then. The rear view mirror is still crystal clear. I get more vibration from my K20 type s without this piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts