Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

INGS body kit?

Tags
body ings kit
3K views 47 replies 22 participants last post by  Lightning 
#1 ·
Hey, has anyone bought an INGS replica body kit, if so how closly does it match the origional one? does it look good? I'm thinking about buying one, but the other day I say an integra with a replica kit and it looked so cheap, I just don't want a cheap looking kit. What should I look out for? What type of material is best? THanks...Cheers ZM

#2 ·
Try to get handlaid fiberglass. Don't get regular fiberglass. I've heard fitment can be an issue with INGS replicas, especially the rear; but as long as you take it to a good body shop, you should be OK. Good luck, that's my favorite kit! :thumbsup:

#5 ·
I'm thinking about getting the INGS+1 kit too.
I would like to see how it would look with a different rear too. OEM might match.... yes/no? any suggestions?

#7 ·
I don't think the OEM rear would look right with INGs sides and front. The sides hang considerably lower than stock. The OEM rear won't hang as low as the rest of the kit and IMO will look funny.

#9 ·
the rear Ings bumper is not bad guys. Make sure it flows with the rest of the kit b4 u buy. Also u have to make sure it will fit ur aftermarket exhaust. I have HKS and it was at the angle conflicting with the kit. had to cut and weld the exhaust to make it fit. i dont' think OEM rear is good idea either. kaminari's expensive.

#10 ·
kagemusha said:
the rear Ings bumper is not bad guys. Make sure it flows with the rest of the kit b4 u buy. Also u have to make sure it will fit ur aftermarket exhaust. I have HKS and it was at the angle conflicting with the kit. had to cut and weld the exhaust to make it fit. i dont' think OEM rear is good idea either. kaminari's expensive.
Do you have the INGs rear with your HKS? I was thinking of getting the same exhaust.... but haven't heard any feedback on whether the angled muffler will fit right.

#11 ·
Yeah stupid me thought the HKS catback system would clear the Ings Rear but it cant as is. It protrudes outward at that funky angle so i either had to return it or cut and weld it at a muffler shop. i chose the latter since HKS had a website claiming actual HP gains versus other brands which i could not find. it worked out ok. The exhaust tip is a lil recessed to avoid hitting the kit but it is at a safe angle now. the HKS exhaust is awesome in performance and sound. It's not loud and annoying but deep and rich sounding. I love it & recommend it. u want pictures of it?

#13 ·
Kagemusha...

post some pix of your INGS rear with the HKS hi-power exhaust. I'm definitely getting that exhaust, but if it doesn't have enough clearence then i'm going to get a different rear.

Any other suggestions for rear bumper or lip?

#15 ·
snt302 said:
Kagemusha...

post some pix of your INGS rear with the HKS hi-power exhaust. I'm definitely getting that exhaust, but if it doesn't have enough clearence then i'm going to get a different rear.

Sure dude, its dark now but i can do that tomorrow on my lunch break. i'll take some shots and post them. i'm 100% satisfied with my HKS exhaust. i noticed a difference right after installation.

if anyone has close up photos of the G-Games RSX plz let me know. i wanna know how that fender blends with the rear bumper? from this link
http://www.japanparts.com/Pic/pic077/004-OF.jpeg

it appears that the rear authentic bumper has a lip to merge with it? which is not the case with my replica? anyone know

Attachments

#16 ·
what rims are those?:iamwiths:

#18 ·
snt302 said:
Kagemusha...

Here's a photo of my rear Ings with HKS HI-Power Muffler.

Attachments

#20 ·
kagemusha said:
Here's a photo of my rear Ings with HKS HI-Power Muffler.
Wow... that does look pretty badass... but I don't know if I want to go through the trouble of modifying it to fit the INGs bumper. I might just go with Greddy Evo.

#23 ·
They had to shorten the pipe that goes before the muffler. So a muffler shop cut it then re-welded it, other wise it would stuck out about 2" more and hit the rear bumper. cost about $25.00 i dunno if i recommend u to do this. try to get the other exhaust that goes straight out, not at an angle. I have base so my choices were limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.