Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed DW1300 injectors. My fuel rail is leaking fuel on the #3 injector from the left. Swapped injectors around and it's still leaking from #3 from the rail.

I applied the supplied "super lube" as instructed on all O-rings

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
Does the leak follow the injector or stay on that part of the rail?

Very likely the o-ring may need replacing. Does the o-ring look worn or damaged in any way (not perfectly circular like you'd expect)?

Have you used this fuel rail in the past without issue?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The injectors.are brand new. I had stock and id725 in the stock rail previously with no issues at all. It's leaking from the fuel rail, not injector actually.

·
0 Posts
I'd replace the O-ring. Highly unlikely the stock fuel rail is the issue.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
swapped it with the orings off my ID's and fuel just sprayed everywhere. not sure which on sprayed out

·
0 Posts
You need to try some fresh, OEM Honda O-rings and lubricate them liberally with motor oil.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
finally stopped leaking...idk what it was exactly but i pulled the rail back off, lubed both sides of all the orings liberally, got the stock retainer clips to fit, and put 2 thick washers on.

thanks guys!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is an old post but im having slightly the same problem! also on the 3rd one as you mentioned. Instead of leaking from the fuel rail itself, i have some fuel coming from the connection between the injector and the intake manifold. its not spraying out a lot but its a fair amount. when the car key is on ignition mode, the injector makes a hissing noise and you see it starting to form bubbles as the fuel leak out onto the manifold. PLEASE HELP

·
Past Driver’s Ed
544 Posts
Check your injectors o-ring seals for damage. It doesn't take much damage to generate fuel leaks. I would just replace them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts