Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an 02 Type-S and I'm trying to install this intake.

Admittedly I'm a moron when it comes to mechanical shit but I figured I was up for the challenge here as the guides made it seem pretty self explanatory.

Fast forward many hours of frustration and I have everything taken off, I think I've pretty much lined up and clamped everything on the intake down correctly (I think).

I would be connecting the hoses and putting the bumper back on now but I've run into my first major issue; which is that the holes bored on the windshield fluid reservoir DO NOT match up with the threads on the car.

I can get one nut & washer screwed in, but then the other ones won't line up.
Really dont trust myself drilling new holes for it (predominantly because I don't presently own a drill.).

How bad of an idea is it to just use the top right 'vibra-mount' that holds the intake bracket in, and leave the other two open?

It wiggles for certain, and the bottom of the reservoir is lightly touching the air filter.

Don't really want to leave it like this, but if it's not going to effect anything / shake around and make noise I guess I dont really care.

Any suggestions?

I'll take pics tomorrow when it's daylight again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for weird formatting, It looked fine on my phone.

So I went ahead and took the pictures...

Here you can see what it looks like presently, and how it's not on the threads:

Also what am I supposed to do with the larger hose here?
The smaller one (green arrow) had a little metal coupler thing to connect them, the larger one (red arrow) I can't figure out for the life of me.

Am I supposed to remove the short rubber hose piece circled in red somehow or what?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, although I did everything in fifth gear, I just went out to check and I can no longer put it in 1st 3rd or 5th. What in god's name have I done? I was really trying to follow the instructions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I got enough clearance now to shift in every gear, and I'm thinking I can just zip-tie through the threads and holes on the reservoir and that should work just as well. Still kinda crumby having to resort to zip ties though.

Still have no idea what to do with the large hose.

PS I also hate when I see people replying to their own posts this much in a row on a forum but I had to correct this
I can no longer put it in 1st 3rd or 5th.
which I shouldn't have posted in the first place before at least attempting to fix, but now I have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My reservoir was the same, just took some force to thread the bolt straight. Try filing the edge of the hole or ask for a replacement.

and yes, remove the breather hose and attach the one from the intake. Did you bother reading the instructions? They're there for a reason...

https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=625472
This step is the best step to install the optional Injen Hydro Shield. It's highly recommended. Make sure you get the 1033 model to ensure fit.

Connect the 18” 17mm hose and press one end over the crank case port and the other over the 3/4” port on the intake:
Nowhere do any of the guides available detail removing the breather hose, or mention the pliers I'm now realizing you would need to take it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nowhere do any of the guides available detail removing the breather hose
Or even reference the breather hose's existence, or what you do with the two coolant lines wrapped around it (whatever they are).
I'm assuming I remove the clamps around this, take the two little hoses connected in the ring off, slide it over the new hose, then install the new hose with the two little rings around it? No this isn't mentioned in any guide or video available on the subject. If it is, it wasn't lack of effort on my part in finding it, because I scoured.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
My instructions stated connecting the breather :dontknow:

There are guides on here as well. Look at the link I posted, it's clearly stated. Regardless, common sense should tell you that you need to connect those hoses.

Leave the line on it, just pull the short piece off and connect the new hose. Common sense should also tell you that you need pliers to remove clamps, I don't know anyone that would attempt to do so without pliers.

Here's another guide
https://www.kseriesparts.com/gp/SSIICAI.html

you suck at searching lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
My instructions stated connecting the breather :dontknow:

There are guides on here as well. Look at the link I posted, it's clearly stated. Regardless, common sense should tell you that you need to connect those hoses.

Leave the line on it, just pull the short piece off and connect the new hose. Common sense should also tell you that you need pliers to remove clamps, I don't know anyone that would attempt to do so without pliers.

Here's another guide
https://www.kseriesparts.com/gp/SSIICAI.html

you suck at searching lol
Go ahead and quote text me where it mentions the ‘breather hose’. Go ahead and Ctrl+f into any of these guides and find it, I double dog dare you. Also go ahead and look at the TOOLS REQUIRED section of the link you posted and tell me where it mentions pliers. It might be common sense to you, but I’ve never done this shit before.

I feel like I’m back in 2006 again with your salt, but I guess it takes a certain type of person to dig through a dead forum’s posts in 2019 doling out snarky shitty pseudo-helpful advice for a 17 year old car.

:vtec: yourself into a wall please, thanks.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You're right, it doesn't say "breather hose" but it does say to connect the new hoses, window licker. Look at the screenshots, and it clearly states what to do.

You're the one getting salty because you can't handle criticism. Send me your address and I'll ship some tampons to you. No need to get butthurt because you lack the common sense to install a tube with 2 hoses and a filter. If you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't be wrenching on your car to begin with.

Like you said in your first post, you're a moron.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're right, it doesn't say "breather hose" but it does say to connect the new hoses, window licker. Look at the screenshots, and it clearly states what to do.

You're the one getting salty because you can't handle criticism. Send me your address and I'll ship some tampons to you. No need to get butthurt because you lack the common sense to install a tube with 2 hoses and a filter. If you don't know what you're doing, you shouldn't be wrenching on your car to begin with.

Like you said in your first post, you're a moron.
Just know I’m implementing your advice nonetheless and you will have successfully helped me out. I’ve fully taken advanatage of your autism and used it for my own personal gain. Please DM for address I anxiously await the tampons. Thanks pal <3.
/thread

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
If you had even a partially functioning brain, you could have avoided all of this by reading, instead of making yourself look like a fool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you had even a partially functioning brain, you could have avoided all of this by reading, instead of making yourself look like a fool.
Kick rocks, nerd. This is a cool guy only thread now.

PS: make sure they're Tampax Pearl SUPER ABSORBANT my hemorrhoids can't handle anything less.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts

PS: make sure they're Tampax Pearl SUPER ABSORBANT my hemorrhoids can't handle anything less.
It's actually a "knuckle dragger and guy trying to help you" thread now. In case you weren't aware, you're the knuckle dragger.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It's actually a "knuckle dragger and guy trying to help you" thread now. In case you weren't aware, you're the knuckle dragger.
More of a 'Self-aware guy asks detailed, reasonable questions- gets responded to with passive aggressive undertones by approval seeking nerd who harbors resentment' thread if you ask me.
Hopefully someone runs into the same shit I did, finds this thread and has a hearty laugh.
Please leave me and my family alone now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why is he posting from two different usernames? Funny post though.. Side note i have a retarded cousin that could have figured it out without the instructions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
get off of the internet if you can't handle it, nerd.
I'm going to press charges if this harassment continues, I have my lawyer sitting with me and am a very litigious man.

Why is he posting from two different usernames?
Legit no idea, I have zero recollection whatsoever of making two accounts.

I have a retarded cousin
Cool bloodline you have there :rclap:

Any other takers, I will have you know I am a real tough guy and will fistfight at the venue of your choosing. No matter which poverty stricken shithole in the middle of California you live in (that people would otherwise avoid on their way to a real city).

If you need any of this in bolded meme font with the resolution downsized to make it illegible, let me know and I can accommodate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will also fight all seventy of your Hispanic relatives who work at Autozone, oil change shops, and Discount tire stores at once. Even the day laborers, I'm not scared.

See y'all in the octagon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts