Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting one but, from their site, the dyno only shows about a 7 hp increase. I have a cheap SRI right now. What do y'all think I should do? Also, what's the best bang for the buck mod that I could get? I have a modded exhust, but just the muffler part of it.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and is there a difference between the CAI for the 5-Speed and Auto? I have a 5-Speed and don't want to get the wrong one, if that's possible.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking someone has opinions on the above questions...

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
i want from an injen sri to an aem cai. It's worth it for sure. The power is so much more consistant with the cai.

And the 7 hp is 7 wheel horsepower (= ~10chp). That's pretty good only for an intake.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
Def go injen cai! i have it and was really impressed after i installed it. it screams on these cold winter nights!! it treats me nice!

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, thanks for the opinions! My other queation was if there is a diff. between the CAI for the 5-spd. and auto. I have a 5-spd. and I don't want to get the wrong one if it's possible. I found the injen CAI for $180 but all it says is it's for the "non type-s." Oh, can yall see the picture in my avatar? I have problems with getting crap like that to work. I can see it here, but that could only be because the picture is from my hard drive.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
yea ur advatar works! i see a nice DSM RSX!! looks nice!! And I am not sure if there is a difference for the 5spd or automatic, I dont think there is thou. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
For the injen im pretty sure there is, I had to let them know I had a 5spd. Cuz the clearence between the fan and shifting weight is VERY tight. If your installing on a 5spd make sure u have your car in 5th to make sure u have room cuz if hit it while driving ull dent ur CAI and prob wont b able to get into or outta gear.

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, that's really good to know. Thanks guys.

·
Low Key
3,136 Posts
EVega said:
For the injen im pretty sure there is, I had to let them know I had a 5spd. Cuz the clearence between the fan and shifting weight is VERY tight. If your installing on a 5spd make sure u have your car in 5th to make sure u have room cuz if hit it while driving ull dent ur CAI and prob wont b able to get into or outta gear.
Yea!! That is exactly what happend to me, when i was installing it, i left my car in neutral, which was STUPID!, but hey it was my first intake install. And basically when i thought i was all done, i got in the car, and couldnt move at all! the gear box felt completely locked up! and they i noticed the shifting linkage was hitting the intake in 1st 3rd and 5th gear. So i readjusted it and placed the car in 5th gear, and now it works, but there is like no gap! u could prolly only fit a piece of paper throu, its real tight, but it works! Best of luck!! and please remember to keep it in 5th gear during install, it cost me alotta time plus trouble!

9,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Woah, thanks for the advice. That could have been kind of crappy.

·
yada, yada
1,917 Posts
No flames...impressive :D Injen CAI will be my first mod...doing it in the spring. What's a reasonable price...cheapest place online? Brakes are the most technical I've gotten. Should I leave the install to someone who's qualified?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I was lucky to get mine a few weeks ago for $199/shipped, my buddy is in the business. Lowest ive seen online lately is around $250. The install isnt hard at all and is pretty straight forward. Just dont rush through it and double check everything and ull be fine

·
Registered
50 Posts
Injen CAI all the way... remember to reset your ECU after the install or just wait for it to adjust on its own.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
$250 is going to be the going rate because of a new Injen advertising policy. We are about to release an exclusive Club RSX intake in a special color. More info will come around the first of next month.

·
Registered
159 Posts
mrgqpnoi said:
Injen CAI all the way... remember to reset your ECU after the install or just wait for it to adjust on its own.
by "wait for it to adjust on its own" you mean just drive the car around town and it will automatically detect and adjust to the new change under the hood? that is tight! sorta like how winXP detects new hardware and installs the software automatically.... :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts