Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
IMA NOOB..I LOVE HATERS<3
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these good for a 2003 Type S... I'm supposed to buy one from this guy for $150 and I want to make sure I'm making the right choice... I really don't wanna buy it if its a P.O.S...

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,225 Posts
1. if the filter is dirty (probably) you need a kit that has a spray-on cleaner so that you can wash it and a can of spray-on oil so that you can re-oil it.
2. make sure that the CAI is for a type-s, the one for a base model won't fit right.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Intake is fucking intake.. There are not different gains.. The only thing that matters is the Filter.. You can get custom tubbing from Autozone and do it yourself.. No sense in spending alot of money on a Aluminum Tube because some company has a logo stamped on it.

The best filters are INJEN and K&N.. Thats it.. I would go with K&N.

·
Stick it in her Yeah
522 Posts
Intake is fucking intake.. There are not different gains.. The only thing that matters is the Filter.. You can get custom tubbing from Autozone and do it yourself.. No sense in spending alot of money on a Aluminum Tube because some company has a logo stamped on it.

You sure about that? Companies put millions into R&D and I just don't see this as truth. If everybody felt like this I doubt there would be a market for CAIs. I'm kind of a cheapass, but you won't catch me rolling around with an Autozone intake. That shit is the epitome of rice. $150 is a good deal for the intake anyways.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
You sure about that? Companies put millions into R&D and I just don't see this as truth. If everybody felt like this I doubt there would be a market for CAIs. I'm kind of a cheapass, but you won't catch me rolling around with an Autozone intake. That shit is the epitome of rice. $150 is a good deal for the intake anyways.
Totally wrong.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,225 Posts
while there appears to be a difference in throttle response which varies by the length of the tube after the filter, I seriously doubt that there are tangible differences in power output unless the design of one model versus another is more restrictive. as long as the pipe is at least 3" in diameter and doesn't have serious bends in it there shouldn't be a problem. I would concentrate on the quality of the filter and how well the tube fits and mounts during installation.

·
☆☆☆
28,161 Posts

Riight...

I agree.

·
dont eat ur cornbread
22 Posts

i agree...ur paying for the name brand basically...just like pepsi and cola lol ive tasted knock off brands that are cheap as hell and they taste the same as pepsi or cola:beerchug:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I currently have a Injen Mega Ram in my 05 and am thinking about changing it to a Injen CAI. Is it worth the switch?

I will be wanting to change from a SP-1476 to a sp-1477.

·
Com
2,120 Posts

Well i have installed a couple of intakes. One thing i have always notice is that the cheap kit always fit like shit and the materials are cheap. Sometime they do not have the correct port, or rattle because they aren't supported. While the rsx is pretty simple. Other cars need like a maf port. Which is something that you can't really do without a good amount of custom work. the brand intakes alway fit better and are made from a better material. Also in California you need to have carb legal intakes, and kragen custom intakes do not offer that. Whether that worth it to you is your decision.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts