Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im tryin to install my front motor mount and i cant get one of the bolts to line up? the one with the open hole on the mount. can someone help me out with. does the mount need to be bent a lil bit or is it just me??

thanks

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
you might need to loosen 1 of the other mounts to get the play you need, then you should be able to bolt it through

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
how far is the hole off from bolting up or can you not see it?

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
Put a jack under the motor.

U want to be able to move it around a bit to be able to line up the holes.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
that looks like the old type innovative mount, also you cant have the bolt through the middle while trying to install it to the engine and trans... if you really get fed up with it, you can contact innovative and get the new re-designed mount which is supposed to be easier to install.

·
BUY MY CAR!!!
4,908 Posts
I had the same problem, the front mount was a bitch and a half compared to the other ones, and I have the version before they re-designed it to fit better. I had to loosen the 2 bolts that I had already put in and do the open ended mounting point first then put the other 2 bolts in. Takes some playing around with for sure.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
whatever you do, don't crossthread the bolts...front mount is very susceptable to this

Reactions: beach

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
that looks like the old type innovative mount, also you cant have the bolt through the middle while trying to install it to the engine and trans... if you really get fed up with it, you can contact innovative and get the new re-designed mount which is supposed to be easier to install.
Yes!! Attach through bolt after rest are in , or you'll be at it for awhile , plus the treat of stripped out or cross threaded holes .:noes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.