Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I have all 4 85a Innovative motor mounts installed on the car and want to reduce the vibration for daily driving. My questions are:

1. Will changing just the 2 side mounts back to stock help with the vibration? ( I'd like to keep the front and back mount 85a because they are a bitch to install)

2. Is it safe to run the 2 stock side mounts while having the front and back mounts at 85a. (Will the engine load during normal driving, transfer to the weakest mounts i.e the stock mounts and give me issues? If so what issues?

Please let me know. Thank you.

·
Past Driver’s Ed
701 Posts
Making around 345 whp, I've been able to run with aftermarket engine mounts in the front/rear positions and stock ones in the passenger/driver positions for over 50K miles without issues. I also have very little wheel hop as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I haven't had time to install all my motormounts in one go.
So far I only have the side driver and front mount and the vibration isn't too bad at all (75a)
I'm going to install the passenger mount tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.
AFAIK the rear mount is what transfers the most vibration (thats what i was told)
Or you can also raise your idle to 1k (thats my plan if shit gets too crazy with all 4 mounts installed.)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Making around 345 whp, I've been able to run with aftermarket engine mounts in the front/rear positions and stock ones in the passenger/driver positions for over 50K miles without issues. I also have very little wheel hop as well.
How bad are the vibrations with the aftermarket front and rear mounts with stock side mounts?

I haven't had time to install all my motormounts in one go.
So far I only have the side driver and front mount and the vibration isn't too bad at all (75a)
I'm going to install the passenger mount tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.
AFAIK the rear mount is what transfers the most vibration (thats what i was told)
Or you can also raise your idle to 1k (thats my plan if shit gets too crazy with all 4 mounts installed.)
Thank you. Please let me know.

Wish I had kpro to adjust the idle. At high speeds the vibration is bearable. It's at low rpm when I am stuck in LA traffic when the vibrations can really get annoying.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How bad are the vibrations with the aftermarket front and rear mounts with stock side mounts?

Thank you. Please let me know.

Wish I had kpro to adjust the idle. At high speeds the vibration is bearable. It's at low rpm when I am stuck in LA traffic when the vibrations can really get annoying.
I don't think the vibrations bad at all with all three mounts in (excluding rear)
It's noticeably more vibration than stock but nothing crazy.

·
Cone Killer
519 Posts
Long story short, I have all 4 85a Innovative motor mounts installed on the car and want to reduce the vibration for daily driving. My questions are:

1. Will changing just the 2 side mounts back to stock help with the vibration? ( I'd like to keep the front and back mount 85a because they are a bitch to install)

2. Is it safe to run the 2 stock side mounts while having the front and back mounts at 85a. (Will the engine load during normal driving, transfer to the weakest mounts i.e the stock mounts and give me issues? If so what issues?

Please let me know. Thank you.
I'm a engine mount designer for Honda, it is safe to say that running the stock Side Eng and Trans mount with the 85A FR & RR mounts is OK since the majority of the torque reactions produced by normal (even spirited) driving go through the front and rear mounts. Even going back to the oem side engine mount should lower vibrations since that is why that mount is a hydraulic mount (main purpose is to dampen and keep unwanted vibrations from transferring to the body).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.