Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Innovative Mount users, check this...

1K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Kevin949 
#1 · (Edited)
*Update*

I just called innovative and they said they'll pop out the urethane and replace with a new bushing for free, I'm gonna head over there since they're near me and get that done.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is on a DCRH setup, but it may not be limited to just DC.

Just a warning to those running innovative mounts with no heatshield or anything.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I had to fab up an aluminum heatshield between the header and my mount because of...

So ya, just be on the look out.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ewhhh....that doesn't look good. The 60A bushings are supposed to be some tough polyurethane material. Your RH must be getting really hot to melt it like that....:noes:

I need to look at mines tonight.

-J

#5 ·
wow, maybe cause of your custom header? anyways good luck to gettin a heatshield up

#10 ·
it's entirely possible. I know I'm not running rich, my AF is right in the mid 14's off the tailpipe sniffer. But ya, I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's cuz of the mods or not because I didn't get the innovatives put in until after I had all the motor work done. When I do get my custom hytech header I'll be coating and heatwrapping it.

As for the heat shield, what we did is took two small sheets of aluminum, drilled a hole and a notch (the notch is so they would fit around the subframe bar) and then we took the tranny mount bolt out and put it through the aluminum pieces and bolted it back in, that way the aluminum is right between the header piping and the mount.

I'll try to get a picture of it today.

#12 ·
The ceramic on the DCrh is ceramic in name only. It is not a true Thermal Barrier coating, it still allows alot of heat to escape the header.

That "homemade" heat shield should do the trick, a true gearhead doing what needs to be done!

#14 ·
oh I know the ceramic isn't really protecting it, I just pointed out that it wasn't the SS header, just for an fyi.

And yup, it certainly has worked, the mount hasn't melted any more. Just aggravates me that it happened and I found out about it like a few weeks after installing the brand new mounts.

#20 ·
somebody always trying to get something new for free....:shakehead

the warranty means for manufactuer defects not, personal errors.

#24 ·
Ooold school bump of my own thread but I just wanted to point out that the melting ceased when I put my hytech header on the car and it was pushing out more power. Still makes little sense to me, but I'll be contacting innovative (because I TOTALLY forgot this was even happening to my car) to see if they'll do anything about it. We'll see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.