Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1050 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
He's referring to resetting the auto window feature after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Those of you that installed the mounts - what did you do with the wire (ground?) that attaches to the p/s OEM mount?
yeah.. thats what im asking.. whats actually involved when resetting the auto window feature???

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
you hold the window in the auto position up for 2 sec after its at the top and thats it

·
0 Posts
You have to pull the door side panel and press the window up with your hands for two seconds to re-teach the ECU where the up position is. This is why yuou should never disconnect your battery under any circumstances.

·
0 Posts
I rewired mine to a different location
Yes, There was some other 10mm bolt on the block that was nearby and that's where I relocated mine. I don't know that it would be wise to have that ground missing, but who knows?

·
7,611 Posts
Has anyone tried replacing their mounts one at a time, without additional means of support?

Just wondering - I know it would be easier to work on the mounts without the car raised. And I am lazy and don't want to jack it up.

·
7,611 Posts
No matter what you need to drop the subframe and you need to support the motor in order to do that.
For the two side mounts?! I was going to take my time, do the big one tonight or this weekend, have a party, do another one the following weekend.......

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
for the 2 side mounts all you need is a floor jack, for the rear all you need is a lot of man muscle and a pry bar or huge steel bar to try and light the mount back up. I didnt drop the subframe both times i did my mounts and havent had any problems. Took around 20min for each side mount and around 30min+ for the rear. I had a lift.

·
0 Posts
Wow, Chris. I didn't touch my subframe for any of the rear three. It seemed simpler not to.

·
0 Posts
For the two side mounts?! I was going to take my time, do the big one tonight or this weekend, have a party, do another one the following weekend.......
Dude, do you want to jack your car up three times or jack it up once? if you have air tools, this is a 2-3 hour job, tops. Just get it done all at once.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
i had a lift and did the 2 side ones on the floor, piece of wood under the jack and jack up the tranny on one side then i think i used the oil pan for the passenger side

·
7,611 Posts
So the engine will drop if I remove one of the side mounts?

That's all I want to know; if I remove a side mount, will I not be able to get it back on without jacking the engine/trans. Sorry erik; I'm anxious to get them in. And I don't have a lot of time on weeknights to do it all at once. Just seeing if I could get one or two in tonight.

But now I see another issue - I don't have anything that will fit on that huge phallis of a bolt on the passenger side mount. What in the hell did you guys use to get that nut off?! Crow's foot?

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
i use a deep socket and it fit just fine, the gun barely fit on the socket but enough to take it off, craws foot or very deep socket will work.

·
0 Posts
Yes, it must be one of those big black impact sockets. A regular chrome deep one won't be long enough. You will need to crack the upper power steering fluid supply line to get at it.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
seth you finally got the innovative or still running on ESMM?

221 - 240 of 1050 Posts