Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1050 Posts

·
7,611 Posts
Yeah, I love the mounts, but they are noisy right now, and I'm not liking that too much. I'm not about to go back to OEM though. Plus I've heard from you guys that they will soften up/break in a little and not be so harsh after a few miles.

Freakenay - oil leak. This is why I converted (and risked being disowned by my GM family) from GM cars......oil leaks, rusting sunroofs, grinding transmissions. I don't know why Honda/Acura has such a good reputation for quality, and GM such a bad one. I've had almost identical shit happen on this RSX as I had on my Olds Intrigue!

Of course the RSX is much more enjoyable car.

Enough about that. I love these mounts, and if they soften a bit, I will love them even more. Looking forward to getting the front mount.

Some of you have installed the front without dropping the frame. How in the hell is that possible??!!

·
7,611 Posts
Slipping it in and bolting it in while supporting the motor?
Haven't done it myself, but I don't feel the need for the front mount.
Why do you?
Slipping it in is what I'm talking about. There's no room to slip it in - or slip the old one out. Unless I missed something.

I don't know. The front mount is there for a reason too. Maybe not as essential as the rear, but........

Eh. Maybe I'll let it go. Getting too damn cold here now anyway to be messing with this stuff. I've got new tires, battery, engine mounts, and high-tech wiper blades coming. Guess that's enough for a while. Plus I replaced the springs and dampers and rear sway bar this Summer.

LOL - should spend some money somewhere else, like my retirement savings!

·
7,611 Posts
Don't see why it wouldnt' slip in. That's pretty much what I did with the 2 side mounts with the motor in it's original position.

I just don't want to spend more money on the front mount. :D Seems to be doing it's job already w/ the 3 mounts, and unless someone will prove the 4th mount mitigates the vibrations, then I probably won't get it lol.
I don't know, but I checked it out while I was under there yesterday and I couldn't see how that thing could be maneuvered out of position.

jp182 says he did it without dropping subframe - perhaps he can let me in on his secret.

Yeah, if it doesn't make considerable amount of difference, that's a lot of money. Even if it does make a considerable difference, that's a lot of money LOL. And I've already spent a bundle on my car this year...

·
Mugennnnnn!
9,638 Posts
Hey, IM going to go back and read this entire thread...but in case it isn't in there. The passenger side mount is the last mugen mount I have to install. The power steering hose prevents me from getting a large socket onto the bracket bolt. Can you remove the top half of that hose without a massive fluid leak?? I tried using a 17mm wrench and i couldn;t get enough force behind it.

·
7,611 Posts
Hey, IM going to go back and read this entire thread...but in case it isn't in there. The passenger side mount is the last mugen mount I have to install. The power steering hose prevents me from getting a large socket onto the bracket bolt. Can you remove the top half of that hose without a massive fluid leak?? I tried using a 17mm wrench and i couldn;t get enough force behind it.
I used a crow foot wrench - the kind that has 6 points, I forget the term for it, but you can slip it over the nut and since it has 6 points, it's almost like using a socket or box end wrench. I used that and a breaker bar until it was loose. Never touched the power steering line and the wrench cost me less than $5.

·
Mugennnnnn!
9,638 Posts
I have the mugen kit, which came with the two sides and the front mount.

My front mount was actually torn. Now, I'm wondering about the back mount???

I removed the battery and intake to get the front mount out from the top of the engine bay. The drivers side was a big pain due to the limited amout of finger space to restart the threads. Stupid mount, 15 minutes to remove, 4500000000 to reinstall.

I guess I will go look for a claw/crow foot wrench now!!

·
7,611 Posts

I removed the battery and intake to get the front mount out from the top of the engine bay. The drivers side was a big pain due to the limited amout of finger space to restart the threads. Stupid mount, 15 minutes to remove, 4500000000 to reinstall.

Yeah, the driver's side mount was the worst, IMO. Getting those lower bolts in and out sucked. I also had more difficulty aligning that mount than the other side or rear. Oh, and removing the intake and battery - the other mounts didn't require removing other stuff.

Front is torn? Yeah, you might want to check your rear mount - lol - that's the one that usually goes first, from what I have heard from others here.

Yeah, crow's foot - be sure to get a six point - I tried the cheaper one without the extra two sides and it wouldn't budge that bolt. The six point crow's foot with breaker bar was just the ticket!

You've got Recaros?! Where'd you get yours? Which ones do you have?

·
Mugennnnnn!
9,638 Posts
The recaros are from the type R, I got them from import auto salvage out of NC. They were shipping them for 1189 back then. My favorite mod so far, no more back pains from the stock seats. Matter of fact, just installed the stock seats into my buddies 01-02 civic couple. Looks pretty damn good.

Did you get the crows foot wrench from an autoparts store or Sears etc?

I had to remove the battery twice since I seem to be doing my mounts one at a time.

I guess I need to go search for the innovative web site and get the rear mount asap!

·
7,611 Posts
The recaros are from the type R, I got them from import auto salvage out of NC. They were shipping them for 1189 back then. My favorite mod so far, no more back pains from the stock seats. Matter of fact, just installed the stock seats into my buddies 01-02civic couple. Looks pretty damn good.
I loved my old Recaros, gave them up to my brother after 15 years when I had a car that nobody made brackets for (seat belt attached to the OEM seat, I think that's why there weren't brackets available).

Just found a site that is selling a pair of SRDs for $1,000! Wish I hadn't been spending all my money on my suspension this year. None of these places have interest free financing, lol, which is how I buy tires, furniture, appliances, etc. I'd settle for a seat from an '05/'06 RSX, but I haven't had any luck finding them.

Did you get the crows foot wrench from an autoparts store or Sears etc?
Auto parts store.

I had to remove the battery twice since I seem to be doing my mounts one at a time.
??
I guess I need to go search for the innovative web site and get the rear mount asap!
I've heard they will sell the mounts individually. Go get it!!

Omigod! You still have stock rear mount? Are you going to be in for a surprise when you replace it. Even if it isn't torn, which I doubt since your front mount was torn.

·
7,611 Posts

Did you get it in yet?

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
Theres too many pages to read im at work right now. But whats the difference between the race and solid mounts?

·
7,611 Posts
Yea its a common leak on the RSX PERIOD..seems like its coming out of the valve cover in your case, look right at the gasket on the picture.
What's the usual cause of this problem? Faulty gasket?

Shit - wish I'd noticed it before my warranty expired....

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
id get solid if i was making at least 600whp otherwise its retarded

·
Infinite Motorsports
5,655 Posts
iono im the type that ignores whats for street or race and always get race. Its stupid i know. Next thread i blew my motor cause i install race cams.

281 - 300 of 1050 Posts