341 - 360 of 1050 Posts

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
nope didnt even order way to short on money

·
7,611 Posts
Hmm.....I hope the financial gods shine down on you soon...

Looks as though they are back in stock......I want one. Want to see how complete set behaves. And I want the challenge of installing it!

LOL - the rear mount was fun! I got that sucker out by turning it this way and that way - then I couldn't remember which way to turn the new one when I installed it!

·
7,611 Posts
Fortunately, Im going to be swapping the sway bar and header at the same time as the rear mount so it should be pretty easy.
Oh, yes, definitely. It wasn't hard at all, just took some time to keep turning the mount until it would squeeze into the available space.

I removed nothing but the bolts.

The front looks trickier yet, though somebody here said he replaced his without removing anything so I guess it's possible.

·
7,611 Posts
Well these mounts have been in my car for a couple of weeks now and I must say I love them. I think they've broken in a little bit, only bother me at highway speeds (I've got a 5-speed, and the damn motor turns too fast at highway speeds - I'm wishing I bought an S!) and very rarely as the engine winds through the 1,000 RPM mark.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
how does it bother you at highway speeds? ive never had a problem at highway speeds i barely have a problem with the ac on lol its between 1200-1400rpm that tehres a tiny bit of vibration thats it

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Beofre i installed these mounts i had the esmm and had the idle set to 1100. I never changed the idle and had very small vibrations after installing the innovatives..i thought that would be the minimum vibs i could get since they're solid mounts. Unitl yesterday i just started to play with my idle because of all the rattles in my car. Once i set it to 850 everything was so much better i couldn't feel any vibrations or hear any rattles just the engine itself. i should've done this a long time ago right after installing the mounts.

·
7,611 Posts
how does it bother you at highway speeds? ive never had a problem at highway speeds i barely have a problem with the ac on lol its between 1200-1400rpm that tehres a tiny bit of vibration thats it
It's just really loud. You have a 6-speed, no? My engine is turning at least 1,000 RPM higher than yours, unless you don't use sixth LOL.

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's just really loud. You have a 6-speed, no? My engine is turning at least 1,000 RPM higher than yours, unless you don't use sixth LOL.
Have your vibrations decreased alot since your post a week ago? You were saying the mounts were very hard and lots of vibrations. Also did you get any increase in noise? Thanks

·
7,611 Posts
Have your vibrations decreased alot since your post a week ago? You were saying the mounts were very hard and lots of vibrations. Also did you get any increase in noise? Thanks
Well, let me start by saying I'm an old fart (45) and not used to noise and vibrations. Also, my car has 60K miles on it, so some things may be a little loosened up (I discovered that one of the 'new' rattles is the moonroof rattling in its frame when its open - it didn't go away after tightening the six bolts that attach it to the sliding brackets, so I guess those sliders are rattling against the rails). And I live in a cold climate with terrible roads - the cold weather of course makes rattles worse, and the roads have a way of beating the shit out of the car.

Short version - yes the vibrations have died down. They are really only noticeable at cold starts (I had some rattles anyway, they're just a little intensified by the mounts and the cold weather).

The noise level isn't as bad either - I haven't driven on the expressway in a week, but it seems quieter driving around town so I guess it will be quieter on the highway as well.

I prefer these mounts over OEM. The NVH has diminished, and I have adjusted to the slight increase in NVH.

·
ex-rsxer
8,204 Posts
Vibration form the motor should not necessarily lead to rattles (although it does in our cars), I stripped my whole interior last winter (your correct, lack of humidity in the winter causes the plastic to go crazy) stuffing foam everywhere in an attempt to remove ALL rattles. It helped TREMEDOUSLY my car feels so much more solid now (its no lexus though lol). I found trouble spots all over the car, now it weighs 10lbs more because of the foam lol.

I'm going to buy these when I get my header.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Vibration form the motor should not necessarily lead to rattles (although it does in our cars), I stripped my whole interior last winter (your correct, lack of humidity in the winter causes the plastic to go crazy) stuffing foam everywhere in an attempt to remove ALL rattles. It helped TREMEDOUSLY my car feels so much more solid now (its no lexus though lol). I found trouble spots all over the car, now it weighs 10lbs more because of the foam lol.

I'm going to buy these when I get my header.
Wow, you should fill us in on those trouble spots. I'll make myself lose 10lbs to offset the 10lbs of foam if it's gonna make the car quieter :eek:

341 - 360 of 1050 Posts