Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

381 - 400 of 1050 Posts

·
gone
10,236 Posts
isnt it supposed to be on the chassis though and not the head or does it not matter. ima noob to grounding lol... im guesssing its the pic on page 8? that runs all the way out? damn i cant even undo whre i grounded it earlier which is under the big ass 19mm bolt for the passenger motormount. i just crushed it under there and i cant get it out now -____-

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
to tiny a ground to matter i gotta check where i grounded mine

·
7,611 Posts
LOL - you said the same thing when I was asking about that ground......it's not too tiny - my car wouldn't start until I grounded it.

Licky - the closer to the spark, the better. It runs from the body to the engine mount originally, so apparently its purpose is to ground the engine to the body. That ground is originally bolted to the engine mount, which is bolted to another bracket, which is bolted to the block. I think it's fine on the head. That's where I've had mine for several months now......

·
7,611 Posts
i flattened the bent side and stuck it under hte 19mm bolt and tightened the crap out of it so its under the motor mount bolt.
Oh, that's right. That's what I did too initially, until I worried about it coming out and/or not making good enough ground like that. Finally moved it to the bolt erik loza recommended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i recently purchased a set of these mounts after reading the review in this section and thought i would share my thoughts.

Quality:
as a fabricator by day i felt these were well made and high quality. after seeing the pictures of the Enjos mounts i do like their structural design better with the gussets placed were all the load will be applied. however i don't feel there is any thing to worry about with these mounts and would by them over and ever again.

Install:
i thought that over all the install was very easy, i have dealt with a lot worse. i started with the front left and chose not to remove the whole battery tray. i had some slight difficulty with getting bolts started because of the tray but no biggie.

on the front right i wasn't sure about the center bolt for the bracket, so i used some loctite and snugged it up. i also choose to attach the ground strap to the engine block and not the chassis like most pics i have seen so far. did make much sense with the other end on the fender any ways.

i felt the rear went very well for me compared to what i had read in this post. i did drop my down pipe from the header so i could twist it just enough to get the bolt out. but everything lined up really well. if you have to pry the engine into position you most likely have to much or not enough tension on the engine with your jack.

Ride and Feel:
First i am comparing these to a stock car with a CAI and full exhaust and that's it. never felt the ESMM or anything else.
When i first got in the car i felt the kick described earlier. for me there was quite a bit of vibration from stock. it also seemed to make driving noise (exhaust, road noise) resonate more in the car overall. it was to the point i double checked my exhaust for leaks. completely different tone to the car.
once warmed up i ran it to see what they felt like. from a slight roll, 5-10 mph, i dumped the clutch at about 5K and still had wheel hop. but i am on shitty tires and stock suspension. i am hoping they will soften a bit and smooth out, if they don't oh well i still like what they do.

·
7,611 Posts
Maybe it's partially because we are experiencing milder than usual weather, but my car feels better than ever, including the IMM.

I think they have softened up or broken in a bit now. Aside from my moonroof and climate control rattling (usually only when first started in cold weather) vibrations and rattles don't bother me now.

That may very well change as the temperature and humidity drop, as they are sure to do eventually.

Only complaint I have today is the steering response, and I think that's because of my choice of compromise all season tires.

Can't have it all. If I get some extra change in my pockets, I'll probably buy some Summer wheels and tires next year.

·
7,611 Posts
I remember reading a while ago that someone was complaining about the fitment of the front Innovative. How many of you with the front mount agree with this guy?

I'm thinking of maybe using ESMM for the front.......at least for now, since they're so inexpensive and since I've heard bad things about Innovative's front mount.

·
7,611 Posts
I kept a pair of inserts for the front, along with IMMs for the other 3 mounts. I want to fill my stock mounts with polyurethane but can't find the right product.
Hmm.....yeah, not sure if it's a wise and cheap short-term solution, or if I should just wait until I have the full $110 for the front IMM.

You want to fill all your stock mounts as alternative to IMM, or just the front?

·
7,611 Posts
Fill the stock mounts, sell the IMM. 1. Because I need money 2. I think I'd be satisfied w/ a medium between ESMM and IMM (mount stiffness wise and comfortability)
Hmmm....let us know if you find the right recipe for that hardness.......I will probably just keep my IMM - now that I went to all that trouble to install them!

381 - 400 of 1050 Posts