Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1050 Posts

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Don't get these garbage ass innovative mounts

I had to shim the rear mount with washers, shim the driver side with a washer, drill out the holes so it can bolt to the chassis, as well as drill out the holes on the passenger mount too

ridiculous.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #823
Why the hell did you shim anything. I got one of the first sets made and i didnt have a single problem installing em. If you cant install things properly thats not innovatives fault. Post some pics

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I had my Innovative Mounts installed professionally. Everything except for the rear held up well. Luckily, Innovative is doing there part to help fix the problem. We will see how it goes.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
Only "problem" i ran into was that i had to jack up the motor with a huge huge 4-5foot pry bar to line the rear bolt up but idk i must have put 50k on these mounts so far and there great.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Only "problem" i ran into was that i had to jack up the motor with a huge huge 4-5foot pry bar to line the rear bolt up but idk i must have put 50k on these mounts so far and there great.
Yeah, jacking up the motor to line up the bolt is common. I wasn't saying everyone is having problems with these mounts. I just know the polyurethane was tearing off and starting to sag significantly, within the first 100-250 miles. So it was unfortunate for me. Oh well. Sending out the Inno mount to get a new bushing, so I will just be waiting on that.

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
yeah some innovative mounts have the problem with the rear mount. Even though they fix it, it is still a pain in the ass to take off and ship it to them. You have to pay extra for shipping and spend the extra time uninstalling and reinstalling the mount. The problem is there I dont care what anyone says. Im not talking bad about innovative but they should be more responsible with their products if they want to appear like a legit company.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #829
Yea seriously i must have installed a bunch of these and never had a problem.

·
Retired OG
147,491,197 Posts
Don't get these garbage ass innovative mounts

I had to shim the rear mount with washers, shim the driver side with a washer, drill out the holes so it can bolt to the chassis, as well as drill out the holes on the passenger mount too

ridiculous.
:rolleyes:

after i told you to contact innovative and they told you they would be happy to replace/fix the issue you decide to still install it? from what i understand Bill was helping you install these mounts...so why such the pissy attitude towards them? put your stock mounts back on and deal with the wheel hop

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
:rolleyes:

after i told you to contact innovative and they told you they would be happy to replace/fix the issue you decide to still install it? from what i understand Bill was helping you install these mounts...so why such the pissy attitude towards them? put your stock mounts back on and deal with the wheel hop
I did contact them, but why should i waste MORE money shipping them to innovative when i shouldnt of had ANY problems to begin with

·
omoshiroi son
1,280 Posts
i mean theres no one else selling mounts so its kinda hard to find an alternative. So does this mean im gonna end up spending 300 something for a kit including the front and then end up having to fork over another 30 or so to ship back faulty parts? oh well

·
7,611 Posts
i mean theres no one else selling mounts so its kinda hard to find an alternative. So does this mean im gonna end up spending 300 something for a kit including the front and then end up having to fork over another 30 or so to ship back faulty parts? oh well
Possibly, but not likely.

AFAICT, most people have not had problems with these mounts.

I had some trouble installing the front mount and I shimmed it with some washers. None of my mounts failed to fit or failed, and I installed mine ~ 2 years ago.

One of the best things I've done for my car. :thumbsup:

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
this is the exact problem with message boards sometimes. you get small number of people saying that parts don't fit but you never hear from the other 99% that they fit just fine. Reading this thread you would think that Innovative has only sold about 20 or 30 sets and the majority of them don't fit right. In all reality, we have over 40 kits on order and have sold well over 250 sets (within the past 6 months or less) of them and who knows about other dealers out there. The other issue, the people that complain you have no clue about their actual install experience or how compitent they are to install the product. They could have no clue what they are doing and then rail off because it doesn't fit like they think it should. They punish the product because they don't know what they are doing. Is there a kit here and there that maybe didn't fit right, sure, but that is a really really really low number compared to how many have been sold. I have installed all the mounts just fine when a couple of other people claim they don't fit right. How come I can install it just fine but they can't? Maybe because I have years and years working on the car and the motor and understand how you sometimes work parts on and be a little flexiable to get them to fit right.

Will you have to buy them and then send them back, no you shouldn't. It all depends on how you do the install not how the mounts install for you.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #835
paul yours are 2 yrs old already? Did you get em before me hahaha. I still get no hop only when its wet cuz of my winter tires but no biggie

·
RIP Guru
6,583 Posts
this is the exact problem with message boards sometimes. you get small number of people saying that parts don't fit but you never hear from the other 99% that they fit just fine. Reading this thread you would think that Innovative has only sold about 20 or 30 sets and the majority of them don't fit right. In all reality, we have over 40 kits on order and have sold well over 250 sets (within the past 6 months or less) of them and who knows about other dealers out there. The other issue, the people that complain you have no clue about their actual install experience or how compitent they are to install the product. They could have no clue what they are doing and then rail off because it doesn't fit like they think it should. They punish the product because they don't know what they are doing. Is there a kit here and there that maybe didn't fit right, sure, but that is a really really really low number compared to how many have been sold. I have installed all the mounts just fine when a couple of other people claim they don't fit right. How come I can install it just fine but they can't? Maybe because I have years and years working on the car and the motor and understand how you sometimes work parts on and be a little flexiable to get them to fit right.

Will you have to buy them and then send them back, no you shouldn't. It all depends on how you do the install not how the mounts install for you.

The product itself shouldnt be punsihed but the company should. If they really sell so many kits and not many of them are defected, then why cant the company cover the costs of shipping? I hope you dont get offended because im not saying anything about crsx. It sounds like they are just the middle man so they would hold no responsibilty.

As far as installing. Are you kidding me? Installing mounts is easy as hell, its not rocket science. its not like rebuilding an engine or transmission. The installer would have to be an idiot to get it wrong. Please explain how to wrongfully install mounts.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #838
Lets less not aligned properly, cross threading bolts because your bolting everything into aluminum so very easy, not torqued properly is the big one. Tightening a mount with an impact gun or even an air ratchet could cause too much stress.

Your right its not rocket science but when i install something on my car its precision. On my bike its even more precision every bolt gets torqued.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
The product itself shouldnt be punsihed but the company should. If they really sell so many kits and not many of them are defected, then why cant the company cover the costs of shipping? I hope you dont get offended because im not saying anything about crsx. It sounds like they are just the middle man so they would hold no responsibilty.

As far as installing. Are you kidding me? Installing mounts is easy as hell, its not rocket science. its not like rebuilding an engine or transmission. The installer would have to be an idiot to get it wrong. Please explain how to wrongfully install mounts.
The company shouldn't be punished if people can't figure how to install their mounts, that is still user error.

The most popular is people who tighten down the mounts all the way then complain when one doesn't fit right. Of course it doesn't because the motors alignment is probably a little off. The other is the front mount with people saying that never fits right. That won't fit right if you tighten down one or two of the bolts and then try to get the third to work. You have to work the front mount on and it fits exactly like stock. Those are the two most popular that we have run into but I do a few more if you need.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #840
Yup exactly, the motor is HELD in by the mounts. Theres nothing else that holds the motor to the car besides 4motor mount. I hope you know that, if you really think its that easy to install youd be wrong. Its probably easier to install a clutch then motor mounts, everything fits right in.

821 - 840 of 1050 Posts