Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts

·
Engineering
25,578 Posts
bolt the 3 first, then put the cross bolt in.

·
town drunk
208 Posts
I tried that first and tetered around with moving the block up and down but am thinking about trying it again tomorrow...been driving with only the two bolts but had to go to work Sooo.

·
Name's Vic
14,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,046
Bump from the dead.

Sold my car so i no longer have these. They held up incredibly well over 7+ years. One of the mounts was starting to bulge out and was told by Innovative it would be covered and refilled. As i was moving and selling my car i didn't bother.

Excellent company. When i first bought it there was only 62a available. Now they have everything including a full solid mount.

·
Registered
29 Posts

how tight should that center nut be? i installed 4 mounts and wheel hop has gone from driver side to passenger side. thinking maybe i dont have that center nut torqued down enough

·
SAXJONZ
314 Posts
I just wanted to add to this thread as some of you will google it. I can’t see how some of you got at the engine bolts without subframe dropped and if you do remember to mark location beforehand or your alignment will be off and eat your tires. Anyway, if you’re having trouble lining up the hole of mount to opening of tangs what I found easy as 123 is to use a punch. That taper fits in the hole then tap that bitch all the way through. Worked like a charm.

·
SAXJONZ
314 Posts
If you don’t have a punch you can find a rod the same diameter and grind the end till it has a smaller taper than the size it is. Trust me, this will work wonders for those of you who are stuck.

1041 - 1050 of 1050 Posts