Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help trying to pinpoint the problem. So my 05 type s I bought about a year ago has had bad motor mounts since day one. Recently I been hearing a clicking sound coming from the transmission I believe but only when in gear then it goes away when the clutch is pressed. I did some research and others said it's because the motor mounts. I kept driving on it though for a week when it decided to completely slip out the trans. So now no gears ingauge and the mph goes up with the rpm

So basically I was wondering if it's just the input shaft or something with the transmission and motor mounts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I jacked the car up on stands and was messing around with steering and noticed the cv axel wasn't flush in so I pushedit back in by hand and turned the wheel a few times so now the gears catch again but still have the clicking sound

·
Registered
82 Posts
It's probably your axle. I did not have the tranny engagement issue but I did have a clicking sound under load that I could not figure out for a while. Changed the axle n problem was solved. But with these sounds, have to check everything one by one to eliminate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.