358 Posts
nice find

Reactions: aftershock141

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
but they are 2 different classes... it should be yaris vs fit vs Xa

then like prius vs insight lol
but isnt that the whole point of this comparison? saying that this car from this class will save you more than this car from another class which is supposedly more economical. or am i misunderstanding your argument?

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
but isnt that the whole point of this comparison? saying that this car from this class will save you more than this car from another class which is supposedly more economical. or am i misunderstanding your argument?
i'd rather se a comparison of 2 cars in the same category ya know... like i think they did a smartcar vs a prius vs a 3-series bmw!?!?! i was wth??!! we all know when it comes to gas mileage its how you drive... thats common sense, but all they did was resatate the same thing everyone already knew. now if u were gonna compare a bunch of hybrid cars to see who reigns supreme, then go ahead i think thats something to watch... not prius vs fit :thumbsdow or smart car vs M3:thumbsdow you know z06 vs gtr :thumbsup: lol (just throwin that out there)

but do you see what im saying?

Reactions: aftershock141

·
28,748 Posts
What are you talking about? First of all, the Insight has been long discontinued.

And the point of the Prius is to be economical (because you sure as hell don't buy one because it'll be fast, handle well, not douchey, etc.) and its pointing out that the craze over the Prius is a high-sell. Other surveys have pointed out that the cheapest car to drive is not the Prius (the Fit, Cobalt, Civic, Yaris, etc. took that crown. I think the Prius was 32nd). The point was not the best hybrid, but the best economical car.

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
What are you talking about? First of all, the Insight has been long discontinued.

And the point of the Prius is to be economical (because you sure as hell don't buy one because it'll be fast, handle well, not douchey, etc.) and its pointing out that the craze over the Prius is a high-sell. Other surveys have pointed out that the cheapest car to drive is not the Prius (the Fit, Cobalt, Civic, Yaris, etc. took that crown. I think the Prius was 32nd). The point was not the best hybrid, but the best economical car.
I thought the cheapest car overall was the chevy aveo

·
I slang Acuras
760 Posts
i'd rather se a comparison of 2 cars in the same category ya know... like i think they did a smartcar vs a prius vs a 3-series bmw!?!?! i was wth??!! we all know when it comes to gas mileage its how you drive... thats common sense, but all they did was resatate the same thing everyone already knew. now if u were gonna compare a bunch of hybrid cars to see who reigns supreme, then go ahead i think thats something to watch... not prius vs fit :thumbsdow or smart car vs M3:thumbsdow you know z06 vs gtr :thumbsup: lol (just throwin that out there)

but do you see what im saying?
if i was shopping for an economical car, i certainly would cross shop a prius with a fit/yaris/xB/smart/mini-s.

·
Curious Gooner
3,717 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts