Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be putting my a Rear upper tie bar. I've tried to do it before, but everytime I get in the hatch and start pulling stuff off I feel like I'm going to brake shit. I checked my service manual and it says to remove by the clips! That doesn't help much. Let me know if you guys have had the same problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i ran a speaker wire through the rear panels and i had to just take it off. i just pried my fingers under an edge and pulled, once i heard the first pop i felt around the edge and felt my fingers getting smashed so i pulled again and there was another pop.
there are little white "clips" that attach the panel to the cars body and they are designed so that you can just pull them off so dont worry about breaking anything

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
CAR_2300 said:
i ran a speaker wire through the rear panels and i had to just take it off. i just pried my fingers under an edge and pulled, once i heard the first pop i felt around the edge and felt my fingers getting smashed so i pulled again and there was another pop.
there are little white "clips" that attach the panel to the cars body and they are designed so that you can just pull them off so dont worry about breaking anything
Yeah, like he said, but be careful, the little white pieces can break, so be gentle...dont pull at an angle, pull it straight out...as you work on your car more and more, youll realise it really is rather easy to take everything apart...just takes a little patience from time to time! :thumbsup:

When I first started working on my car, I was always afraid to pull stuff apart cause i kept thinking it was gonna break...i still do occasionally, but then you tug a little harder, it pops off and then you think 'wow, that was easy' :laughing:

Good luck! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
does anybody know how to completely take off the rear hatch panel? i got all the front down but i can't figure out how to completely remove it because i can't get to the clips like behind the windsheild wiper motor and theres nowhere to pull outside it?

·
Registered
365 Posts
just wondering how you guys went with this one? I'm trying to remove that as well and I'm reallllllllly worried about breaking something?!?! The side panels are kinda loose but I'm worried if I pull too hard I'll break the clips?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts