Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd start a thread to show pics from my install that I'll hopefully be doing middle of next week. Also where I can ask questions and hopefully get some answers.

Car is an 06 NBP type s, and the equipment will be:

alpine cda-7998
dls iridium 6.2i's
2 elemental designs 13ov2s
nine.1
nine.2x

I've got some fiberglassed kickpods I bought used on here to put the iridium mids in, tweeters will be somewhere nearby. 13ov2s are in a 2.0cuft sealed box. I've got all the equipment now except I'm still waiting on the base rsx panel and pocket for the head unit. Also have a bunch of 1/0 gauge and am planning on doing the big three, although maybe not immediately.

Anyway here are a few crappy pics of the equipment (except amps).

What's the best way to get 1/0 gauge wire through the firewall? And have any of you installed your tweeters in the door down near the kickpods? Pics or any input on how to do that would be great.

·
V8 Powered
35,464 Posts
I ran mine on the driver's side through the hood release hole, I think. I had to remove the grommet and make the hole bigger with a dremel. I then used silicone to seal the gaps and hold the cable in place to prevent it from rubbing against the metal edges. From there it's fairly easy to hind it under the carpet and route it to the rear.

I like your set up. It's very similar to mine. You should look into deadening the doors and hatch area, but at a minimum the doors.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Master Member
5,078 Posts
i went through behind the glove box with some 2 gauge. tweeters i stuck mine in the door pannels, drilled myself a hole near the handle that releases. others have made kicks for down low, i didnt want that route just cause i always use the dead peddal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Still waiting on the base rsx faceplate to come in so I can do the head unit but I did mount and wire the subs in the box and did the big "two" (I'll worry about the positive to alternator at some other time). When I was doing the wiring in the engine bay today I was trying to find where you all had said you ran the wire and I really couldn't see anything that looked like a suitable place to run the 0ga. Where was the hood release grommet, I couldn't find anything on the driver's side.

Can anyone take pics or give a more detailed description? I'm used to working on bigger cars and the rsx's cramped engine bay is giving me a hard time :mad:

EDIT: Just found some reading where someone said they drilled above the clutch and ran the power wire there. I'm not against drilling if someone can give me a little more info on this method.

·
V8 Powered
35,464 Posts
Still waiting on the base rsx faceplate to come in so I can do the head unit but I did mount and wire the subs in the box and did the big "two" (I'll worry about the positive to alternator at some other time). When I was doing the wiring in the engine bay today I was trying to find where you all had said you ran the wire and I really couldn't see anything that looked like a suitable place to run the 0ga. Where was the hood release grommet, I couldn't find anything on the driver's side.

Can anyone take pics or give a more detailed description? I'm used to working on bigger cars and the rsx's cramped engine bay is giving me a hard time :mad:

EDIT: Just found some reading where someone said they drilled above the clutch and ran the power wire there. I'm not against drilling if someone can give me a little more info on this method.
Pull the panel by the clutch and look for the hood release cable. You'll have to pull down the fender liner to get access to the other side.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Pull the panel by the clutch and look for the hood release cable. You'll have to pull down the fender liner to get access to the other side.
:iamwiths: thats where i did mine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool, I'll check on that tomorrow :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if I can get to the alternator from under the car if I jack it up? I'm really trying to avoid taking off the intake manifold to finish up the big three.

·
V8 Powered
35,464 Posts
Cool, I'll check on that tomorrow :thumbsup:

Does anyone know if I can get to the alternator from under the car if I jack it up? I'm really trying to avoid taking off the intake manifold to finish up the big three.
If I remember right, you have to take the manifold off to get access to the bolt on the alternator.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
That would be me, but I had access to my old shop the week I did my initial install so had the stepper bits and did not want to fart around with the grommets, I did a few other RSX's using the hood release grommet, basically took a wire hanger pushed it through attached the main power line to the hanger with tape and pull it into the car, took all of 10 minutes to get the line into the car.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my 0 gauges is going through the firewall, just force it in there. looks like you got an awesome setup there. going ported or sealed?
They're sealed. I'm pretty excited about the setup, I've been putting it together for almost a year now...hopefully it won't disappoint!

For those of you who used the hood release grommet, where did you mount your inline fuse holder? I didn't look for a spot real carefully when I was doing the big three yesterday but I don't remember any spot that jumped out at me as an easy location.

And thanks for the suggestions Tony, hopefully I'll have as easy a time getting it through the grommet as you :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'd go ported, trust me, your not going to regret it
In good time :D

I bought the 13ov2s when they were on sale for $75 each from ed. Just too good of a deal to pass up. Once I have some more money I'll go with my original plan which was a ported 13av2 :eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Went to do some work on the system today and found that the knukonceptz battery terminal I bought wouldn't fit on the positive post of the battery. Pretty damn frustrating. By the time I called them, their customer service was already closed (4pm eastern...really?). So, no running of the power wire.

I did take the driver door panel off. I think for the tweeter I'm just gonna make a spacer out of mdf and put it where the stock mid is. This should be fine right? I just want it as close as possible to the mid which will be in the kickpod.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts