Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
That is some player sh*t buddy. I dig it. Thank you for sharing the photos and the company that does the work. It looks like a racing steering wheel from a NSX or something.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Steering wheel looks dope. Not sure about the placement of the gauges though...
agreed. I deleted my sterio and have a carbon fiber panel block off plate. I am drilling five 2-1/16" holes and a hole for hazard button for gauges.

I know you didn't ask, I am forcing information on you lol...

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Haha. I don't mind.

But yeah, I think your way makes sense. For me (and for this guy...I think), I'm after more of a DD-capable, weekend fun kind of build. If I was doing gauges, I'd put them on the pillar. Very typical spot, but for good reason. You can monitor them while keeping eyes on the road. This guy has both blocked off his cupholder and mounted the gauges so far out of eyesight to where he would need to take his eyes off the road to be able to take a look at them.
I used to have the pillar gauges in my EP3. liked it. With my DC5 it is black and interior is black and it has insane factory tented windows. I am going with the stealth look where the gauges cannot be seen from the outside of the car. Since I already removed the sterio and speakers for part of the weight reduction, I figured I would make use of the spot. My interior is gutted, no sound proofing, and I like hearing every rock or pebble under the car. It has a different feel with 4 Hasport mounts, after doing some 9,000 rpm gear pulls the noise from the rocks, engine, exhaust, are all part of the experience for me. I have a Toyota Highlander for a daily driver, which actually moves out fast for what it is.

BTW, I have been clearing the spammers and scammers off the forum like a mug. I find alot of your work for the forum as I dig through older threads looking for spam inserts and checking edits. You are very good at calling them out over the years. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
What durometer are your Hasport mounts? I have 62A in mine. They were actually a little rougher than I thought they were going to be for being labeled as "street" grade. But that's okay. Like you, I actually enjoy the roughness. I also have another vehicle for daily driving, so the RSX is my pleasure car.

And you're welcome for the spam call-outs! Ha! :D
The rear engine mount is 70-72A b/c the engine moves back on accelaration. The rest are 62A. Has a race car feel to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts