Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my innovative mounts today and i installed them tonight, the install took me about and hour and a half, and that was due to the fact that my motor was cockeyed so bad in the engine bay, due to my stock transmission mount being bent back like 3/4 of and inch, i ended up loosening up both side mounts and removing the front and back mounts, this allowed me to get the trans mount lined up, then i did the front and rear, then the side motor mount. overall it wasnt that hard of an install, just had to get the motor situated properly. As far as the ride quality the car feels excellent, the esmms do not compare to these mounts, the car feels tight and so far no wheel hop. My exhaust seems so much louder with these now. I have to say they are worth every penny. by the way they are the 60's, street version

·
HONDA PACT
1,867 Posts
give it a week then the noise and vibration will be reduced. give it a month and the vibrations will be almost stock like.

·
BECAUSE! racecar...
4,219 Posts
yeh i love em even though they vibe like a bitch lol.

·
Señior Memberish
1,656 Posts
I hoping my ESMM's will be a nice temporary fix to my wheel hop problem. But i am sure to purchase the Innovative MM's! Thanks for the review!

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the esmms make a big difference at first, but wear out after a while, after 2 years mine felt like stock again

·
Peakboost GT35r plz
1,020 Posts
I have the street's, and I like them very much. The only thing that annoys me is my radar vibrating......it like, vibrates the inside of the detector at 3k rpm's which I see very often......pretty annoying.

·
NA member
407 Posts
haha everyone who says it feels like stock....are lying. they probably just got used to it. the engine noise is noticeably louder (not complaining, i like!) The vibrations are still definitely there....just more minute. they get worse when it rains tho...for some reason.

·
408 and 831
647 Posts
yea there is no fucking way it will feel like stock, that is just retarded when people say that

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Yea they dont feel stock you just get used to to it. ESMM are a good temp. fix but your going to need to get full mounts like the ts.

How did you old mounts look ts? Were they still in good shape.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
shit... i'm used to my esmm's by this point, had them for a year and a half now

·
2,848 Posts
Reading this thread makes me want these mounts. I just bought ESMM's but haven't installed them yet. It also seems like the full mounts would be easier to install than ESMM's.

·
DC5 Krew
2,827 Posts
ye ai have alot of vibration when stopped but u get usto it

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
If you guys seriously think that these things dont feel like stock then your absolutely out of your fucken mind.

The 62as should feel perfectly fine after a couple months, ive had mine over a yr (i wrote the first review/install on these, first one on crsx with em as well).

I cant even feel these at a stop even with the a/c on. give it time, if you installed it correctly and torqued it well you shouldnt feel a thing. Everyone who sits in my car who owns an rsx doesnt feel it at all.

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
if you have had them for a year and a half now, they are probably worn out, mine were
how the hell can they wear out? they're solid polyurethane that makes no sense. I can understand the mounts themselves being worn out though since they're rubber/fluid

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how the hell can they wear out? they're solid polyurethane that makes no sense. I can understand the mounts themselves being worn out though since they're rubber/fluid
when i first got mine my esmm inserts it almost eliminated all wheel hop, after like 2 years i had nothing but wheel hop, it felt like it did when i first got the car, i know my mounts were worn out, but the inserts are fairly thin only being like 1/2 inch thick, i would not assume just because they're polyurethane that they will not begin to flex as they get older

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reading this thread makes me want these mounts. I just bought ESMM's but haven't installed them yet. It also seems like the full mounts would be easier to install than ESMM's.
the es inserts are easier to install just because you have 2 less mounts to remove, they are a good fix till you want to do full mounts, if you dont race the car there is really no reason the get the full mounts imo. i just needed new mounts all around so i went ahead and upgraded:thumbsup:

·
408 and 831
647 Posts
If you guys seriously think that these things dont feel like stock then your absolutely out of your fucken mind.

The 62as should feel perfectly fine after a couple months, ive had mine over a yr (i wrote the first review/install on these, first one on crsx with em as well).

I cant even feel these at a stop even with the a/c on. give it time, if you installed it correctly and torqued it well you shouldnt feel a thing. Everyone who sits in my car who owns an rsx doesnt feel it at all.
ok so you're telling me a product that transfers engine movement to the car will magically disappear? so somehow stiff mounts will feel exactly like oem rubber mounts? wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of everything, how is it supposed to hold the motor in place if none of the vibration is being transferred.

not noticing the vibration and feeling like stock are two different things. I've had my essm's for 2 years, took them off recently and it was a world of difference.

·
Name's Vic
14,753 Posts
thats because ESMM SUCK BALLS, i know i had them as well.

Check the innovative website, the way there mounts are designed the polyurethane does not sit flush against the part of the car, its a cone-ish design which they design this way to keep as much vibration down as they can.

Like i said before, ive had people with rsxs and no mounts sit in my car and couldnt feel a thing. THis was even a couple weeks after i installed em so they hadnt softened up a bit either.

Plus lifetime warranty and amazing customer service.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts