Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed JDM Brake Duct Grills on my car this morning, thought I would share some pictures. I have the full plumbing still to install, I was ill aware of the fact that no hardware came with it and Honda Part Department is closed on the weekend. So i will have to round up some hardware and install them over the next week. I will post up more pictures when I install the plumbing. Enjoy the pictures :thumbsup:
Before:

Factory Brake Duct Waffer:

In Process Front Bumper Removed:

JDM Brake Duct Grill Installed:

Bumper Reinstalled with JDM Grill Kit:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
looks good..where u get it for the fog lights and how much

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bhamsan said:
DOes installing the plumbing require any cutting?
You have to cut the waffer things out of the front bumper, its not hard at all. As far as the plumbing, i still need to install that, I was ill aware that no hardware came with it, so I need to stop at Honda on Monday for some clips. The only other cutting would be through the fender liner for air to get to the brakes.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I just installed these yesterday. You can install the outer brake duct grills of the kit no problem. The tubing fits fine on the passenger side but on the drivers the CAI filter is in the way.

Still I like the look alot better and if nothing else it should give the CAI access to more cold air.

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts
JordanZ3 said:
looks good..where u get it for the fog lights and how much

i think its either, or - not both. If you want fogs you can have break ducts - just the way it is. Unless you get aftermarket and install them closer in the middle of the grill.

·
12.92 @ 106.8mph
1,555 Posts
RSXazn said:
It gets in the way? Can anyone second this because I'm planning to get one for my '04.
If your going to put the whole duct on...then yes, the cai will be in the way....You can also just buy the jdm brake duct without the actual duct that goes to the brakes....That way you can get the look if you have cai

1 - 20 of 61 Posts