Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I got blown!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh dear Lord, what a pain in the ass! The brake and clutch were easy. I drilled a few holes and popped some rivets, but the gas pedal is a different size and i couldn't get screws to bite into the pedal, so i put in a few rivets to match and epoxyed it to the pedal. just wished i could have found black rivets... too late. It's a good thing their good looking, it was worth the time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ya nice, my clutch pedal is metal now i think... the rubber part fell off i think. looks pretty ghetto. haha

where did you get them and how much? if you dont mind me asking.

·
cold chillin
8,065 Posts
dang... took my buddy like 10 mins 2 do mine, using self tapping screws tho. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
those pedals are awsome, i want some but i dunno where to get them for under 200 bucks plus 70 for the dead pedal

·
I got blown!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got them at www.icbmotorsport.com and they were $229 (w/ dead pedal). They didn't have them in stock on the website but i called the guy and he had a set.

·
I got blown!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you know, i tried to on the gas pedal, but it wouldn't go into the metal. i even tried drilling a pilot hole. i have a 14.4v snap-on drill for God's sake and i couldn't bite the metal. i might get black touch-up paint a paint the rivets...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Dang

Dang, I like that dead pedal... it would match my Sparco Grip pedals so nicely.

But, I only paid 55 for my manual pedals and don't feel like paying 68 for just a dead pedal. Maybe I will make my own out of a slab of aluminum and just polish the heck out of it.

Note to anyone installing the grips... remove the entire gas pedal assembly and dremel a flat spot on the round arm so that you will be able to drill through it (drills do not drill nicely through something round). Oh, and be careful drilling the clutch/brake because you do not want the nuts to be anywhere near the cross member on the back (good luck getting them straight!! Takes some trial and error).

·
I got blown!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i here ya on the drilling. hey the place i got my pedals sells the dead plate for $40. www.icbmotorsport.com.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts