Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I had a Alpine IVA-W505 deck installed. Worked fine.

Installed Kenwood DNX6190HD deck (far far superior audio production)

Ok so... Now I get feedback from the speakers. It's constant, when the car is on or on ACC. Volume makes no difference.

It was louder when connected to negative from stock radio harness. Connected to frame and it quieted down about 75%. But still hear it.

I have the remote wire directly to the ignition. Which turns on my 4chan and Deck as well as sub amp. Power pulled directly from battery.

My guess is ground. But I feel like it's grounded well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Despite the hum... can you hear the signal from all speakers?
Yes. All. Except subs. The radio is a couple years old. And I got it used.

When I shift sometimes it'll make those fizzy sounds. Volume has to be low to hear it.

Ugh! Diagnosing wiring is such a pain!!!

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
If it were me...

Try connecting the ground directly to the battery to rule out a bad ground somewhere.

And does it change when you use certain features of the head unit?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it were me...

Try connecting the ground directly to the battery to rule out a bad ground somewhere.

Good thought! And no features dont appear to make a difference.. (thank goodness... Hoping its not a mobo issue)

I will try the battery in a hour or so. While installing my Alpine Type R 6.5 speakers. Pumped!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it were me...

It's been raining so it's hard to get a chance to play with it.

Ok so operation "Try Battery Negative, Directly" failed. Made no difference.

Ive tried putting the remote wires directly to the ignition and that actually caused problems so put it back to the factory amp remote output (in stock harness) and back at square one. Power is being drawn from factory harness as well. Only thing I haven't tried is to draw power directly from the battery. Don't see why that'd make a difference.

When I first start the car... It's "ok"... Little static when volume is down, barely audible. But once I turn on my headlights or open a window the static begins relentlessly.

I'm getting exhausted. This should be so simple.

POWER... GROUND... REMOTE. LOL. FML.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Maybe you should try the Bose Bypass procedure. It's a upgrade regardless of whether it solves the problem or not. And it'd rule out the Bose amp being bad.

Sometimes RF interference can sneak in via other inputs. Make sure the antenna connection is good. See if the static gets lower or changes when the harness is moved closer or farther away from the multiplexor (behind the HU).

Lastly... I'd double-check all the connections re: line level outputs going into the Bose. Check the 'settings' on the HU also. Make sure it's all correct.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, still having this static issue.

Installed a Kicker ZX650.4 Amp to power my Alpine Type-R door speakers. New wires. Ran new speaker wires. New chassis ground.

Still get static. It's louder until the radio is fully started. Then its low. And when I pull the radio out and the radio rubs on the frame it gives me static until I remove it and then it's back to the low static. This has me nearly depressed.. Idk wtf it is.

I don't have anything left of the bose system.

Only thing I use in the stock harness is the remote, ground and power to the deck.

Sigh............

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Can ya' sketch out a diagram of exactly what you have? Pencil and paper and take a photo, maybe? The 'ducking' of the static sounds like a gating or compressor. It's kinda' like when a FM classic rock radio station starts playing a song with a soft intro and then the drums and shit kick in. The music sounds like it ducks down in volume a little. If you're using a HU with pre-amp outputs going to a separate amp; there could be gain structure issues. Draw it out and include the make/model of the components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts