Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2002 rsx type s. ive just installed my Koni yellows and eibach sportline springs.

now as i drive im hearing this clicking/poppin noise as if im cooking popcorn in the back of my car! (yes it sounds like that!)

its definetly comming from the rear. and as i speed up the sound becomes even more rapid.

anyone know whats the big deal??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hey man....when I installed my sportlines last year they did the same thing for a little while. They are just settling in, once they do it will be all good. Helps if you move those plastic protectors to the bottom of the spring so they dont bind, and spray it down with some white lithium grease, but it will settle!!

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey man....when I installed my sportlines last year they did the same thing for a little while. They are just settling in, once they do it will be all good. Helps if you move those plastic protectors to the bottom of the spring so they dont bind, and spray it down with some white lithium grease, but it will settle!!
no its not settling in. i know what you mean. because when ihad removed my stock springs and installed them again, about 5 blocks the popping noises went away, i guess it was settled.

but now that i have my shocks and sportline on, its been popping and making scary noises for about 20 miles now. i think ive been patient enough. im scared to even get on the freeway! ive been taking backroads since.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
no its not settling in. i know what you mean. because when ihad removed my stock springs and installed them again, about 5 blocks the popping noises went away, i guess it was settled.

but now that i have my shocks and sportline on, its been popping and making scary noises for about 20 miles now. i think ive been patient enough. im scared to even get on the freeway! ive been taking backroads since.
Mine did it for a month man...its just the springs settling in....no worries..

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had clunking noise with them too, i tighten up the allen bolt on the bottom of the strut real good, and even though they have a lock washer use loctite, i used the gel red shit they have and since then its all good. also with the konis, after about a year they were leaking fluid from the adjustment screw.. they will warrenty them no problem so keep an eye on that. oh and unless you have a long ball end allen, it will be a pain to tighten that up being that the cv joint is right there.

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^thanks for the info. ill double check to see if any screws were loose. ill have to take them apart again.
matterfact i think i might have seen the problem, i might have installed the washer under the top cap wrong.

·
noob of the noobs
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it seems as if the problem is that they were installed in correctly.
i havnt resolved the issue yet i was hoping if someone can give me instructions onto where each washer and crew and bumpstop are place. the koni instructions are pretty worthless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts