Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok jsut installed stage 2 cams and my car feels horrible.. i believe it needs a tune badly before i see the real potential.. is it ok for me to drive like this for another 3 days untill i get it tuned? that is light throttle and shifting below 3k everytime

G

·
Assuming everything is mechanically in order, you will be fine to get to your tuner's as long as you stay off the high cam.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.. i will be driving about 115 miles to the tuner and i will grandma drive it (light throttle and early shifts)

G

·
wow 115 miles.
...which doesn't matter as long as he stays out of the throttle. Keep it in close-loop, which means that AF automatically trims itself and the there will be no advance to worry about at part-throttle. Do you guys not understand how an engine works?

·
Señior Memberish
1,656 Posts
...which doesn't matter as long as he stays out of the throttle. Keep it in close-loop, which means that AF automatically trims itself and the there will be no advance to worry about at part-throttle. Do you guys not understand how an engine works?

I understnd how it WORKS. but obviously not as well as you, my friend. 115 seemed like a very large distance to travel. that is all.

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
I put a stage 2 ZEX cam in my SOHC cam a long time ago and drove about 2 weeks with it like that before I got it tuned lol. It never did any damage. Not saying that was smart because it wasn't. BUT you will be fine like he said as long as you give VERY light throttle and do NOT go into high cam as long as everything mechanically is properly done.

·
Yo Daddeh
558 Posts
yea definitely. If you have a laptop and K-Pro yourself and have used it before then do a little street tuning on it before hand.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
troof

listen to Erik

1 - 13 of 13 Posts