Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
fellow members... i just bought a used dcrh-ss from a member here and im not sure what i need for the install... help...

- defouler (cell fix) how many? and where do i put?
- o2 extension (casper sim) how long? 12", 24" or 36"?
- do i still need to put an ESMM?

thanks!

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
fellow members... i just bought a used dcrh and im not sure what i need for the install... help...

- defouler (cell fix) how many? and where do i put?
- o2 extension (casper sim) how long? 12", 24" or 36"?
- do i still need to put an EMMS?

thanks!

Alright...

Be prepared to spend some time under your car since I am 99% sure you bolts at the catalytic converter are rusted on, you'll either have to cut them off, or torch them and then use a breaker bar

A defouler, such as one that can be purchased from Kabe(a crsx member), goes in to the second hole on your header, your secondary o2 sensor then goes in side of that defouler

I have been told you do not need an extension for the primary o2 wires
You WILL need them for the secondary though, I am not sure on length, but its not long

And I recommend ESMM's, they can be purchased online at the CRSX store ( http://clubrsx.com ). These will stop your header from bouncing around with the engine, and prevent the header from cracking.

G

·
You will not need any extensions if you do the following: Unhook the primary sensor AMP connector from its metal prong-bracket and leave it free. There will be enough slack to reach the primary sensor pigtail, yet still keep it taught enough that nothing will dangle.

Then, you need to buy this defouler from me for $35, shipped:

It is better built than any other part of your car, GUARANTEED no CEL, and will give you enough reach for the secondary sensor without an extension. Good luck.

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
You will not need any extensions if you do the following: Unhook the primary sensor AMP connector from its metal prong-bracket and leave it free. There will be enough slack to reach the primary sensor pigtail, yet still keep it taught enough that nothing will dangle.

Then, you need to buy this defouler from me for $35, shipped:

It is better built than any other part of your car, GUARANTEED no CEL, and will give you enough reach for the secondary sensor without an extension. Good luck.

that doesn't look big enough to fit the hole?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yea, thats when I REGISTERED. I did a lot of reading and research before I registered, and still learn something new every time im on here, im sure you do to.
don't be a dick..if someone asks for help, it doesn't hurt to help them out. Sometimes searching doesn't give you the exact answers you're looking for.

·
is John
29,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes get esmm, 12 in extension is long enough and 2 defoulers together one bored out, theres is a thread on it
ok... ill order the o2 extension... then you mean 2 defoulers? or 1 defouler, for secondary sensor? correct me if im wrong... do you have any pics of the ESMM installed in your car? ill appreciate that! thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.