Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched through the threads and did not really get a good answer to the installation of JDM wings on a RSX that doesn't already have the oem wing or the holes already drilled. My main question is... is it hard to drill the wholes correctly, and do u need a special drill to do this, and do the Acura dealerships gladly install replicas or the real JDM wings... and if they do how much do they charge for this. Because i'm not sure i want to go drilling holes in my rsx if it's hard to do so.
:thumbsup:

· Fix it 'til it's broken
7,698 Posts
Use double-sided tape............

· the overrated fig shot
4,159 Posts
goodballs87 said:
I have searched through the threads and did not really get a good answer to the installation of JDM wings on a RSX that doesn't already have the oem wing or the holes already drilled. My main question is... is it hard to drill the wholes correctly, and do u need a special drill to do this, and do the Acura dealerships gladly install replicas or the real JDM wings... and if they do how much do they charge for this. Because i'm not sure i want to go drilling holes in my rsx if it's hard to do so.
:thumbsup:
start with a small drill bit, once you take the first step & drill the first hole the rest are easy........don't let the stealership rape u

· Registered
449 Posts
DYI its not that bad just make sure you take proper measurements. If not the drilling will eat you alive, i didnt measure well and i only got 3 screws to fit properly, but it seems like it will be good enough.

· Registered
67 Posts
Back in the day, circa 2000, I was scared to do anything to my cars. Then came along turbo's and wiring and fuel systems and this and that. All of a sudden things are no worry to me anymore. Putting on a wing is easy. They should supply you with plastic inserts that go into the holes on the wing. Then you set the wing on the car and tape the inserts to the trunk. They are hollowed out so you can use a small drill bit to start a pilot hole. I've done wings/spoilers on so many cars I could do it with my eyes closed. Like EzeE1o said, "don't be scurred".

Go Here and click on the PDF Template. Should help you out.

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jdm wing

Thanks a lot guys, now that i think of it, it doesn't look hard, and anyways if i were to scratch anything in the region with a bit the wing mounting point will cover it up. that template makes it much easier to understand. :wavey:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.