Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to install a new momo shift knob. I understand how to install the new knob and remove the old one, but what bo i do with the collar? Dose it just sit there or is there some thing that i need to get to get it look like it dose stock?

·
Registered
84 Posts
You need to get a shift boot adapter from acura. It cost about $10. There also several different threads on some DIY applications. Do a search for it and you will get plenty of answers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
mvkicker said:
yes they sell just the adapter
I just bought the snap in adapter. It is different the what comes with the Assy alum knob. It didn't work that well with the MOMO knob. You will need to open the hole just a bit more so the knob goes down a bit more on the lever. You will also want to attach an aditional zip tie to bring the boot up higher cover the plastic conector. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The adapter that Acura sells seperately for the RSX is for the annodized billet shift knobs...

part number: 08999-BAK-100

This adapter allows you to keep the stock silver collar. Might want to check out the DIY shift boot adapter.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
man dont waste your money on that shift boot shit, get zipties...they will hold your collar up, but you must open up the center console first(easy) this is a better method than paying acura, i did it with my s2k knob

·
Registered
167 Posts
VarsityBlues02 said:
man dont waste your money on that shift boot shit, get zipties...they will hold your collar up, but you must open up the center console first(easy) this is a better method than paying acura, i did it with my s2k knob
I appreciate the comment but the peice was only $6 dollars. That's not a lot of money and it snaps right in.

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
if i replace my stock knob with the jdm one do i need to remove the stock silver collar or do i leave that on?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
depends.....

you can do the diy adapter and take it off

or use the acura adapter and leave it on

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
PhuMasterFunk said:
what would i need to make it look look like this one in the pic?
does this one have the stock silver collar removed? does it use the shift boot adapter?

http://forums.clubrsx.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97779

bigger pic in this thread
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=148660
mvkicker got his JDM knob from ClubRSX and it came with the adapter. He also said that the adapter that came with the knob is the exact same as the adapter he bought from Acura.

Did you buy the JDM knob yet? If not, buy it from ClubRSX since it comes with the adapter.

·
2 Shea
3,465 Posts
SkyeRSX said:
mvkicker got his JDM knob from ClubRSX and it came with the adapter. He also said that the adapter that came with the knob is the exact same as the adapter he bought from Acura.

Did you buy the JDM knob yet? If not, buy it from ClubRSX since it comes with the adapter.
no i havent ordered it yet, beacuse the optional knob from acura(alumuin w/ black lettering) has a big empty space between the knob and the boot and i dont want that. is there a way i can meke the collar go all the way up to the knob without buying the revo?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts