Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ClubRSX Chef
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan to get an AEM V2 intake, buddy club racing header, and an injen exhaust....does it all have to be in order in building? I've been waiting since '02 for my warranty to expire, it finally has and I'm ready to mess with my car. Will it even make a difference in feel?! Rather than what I'm paying for the items, I'm more interested in the cost of installing....what's it going to cost me?!

·
Registered
433 Posts
The only thing I would have professionally installed if I were you would be the Race Header. The person I went to for my header/test pipe combo charged $50 so I would look for a price around there. Don't forget to get a defouler that is a must to get rid of the CEL. might as well get an 02 simulator as well for better fitment.

the V2 is SOOOO easy to install yourself. dont pay some1 to do that.

Exhausts are also very easy to do as well especially after the race header is installed and all of the rusted bolts are loosened/replaced.

So overall it should be no more than $70 out of your pocket.

·
--------------------
28,783 Posts
Unless you try to go do it professionally, then it'll cost you ALOT more than $70.

Just post up in your regional forum and theres a good chance someone will help you out for a few bucks.

·
Mamimi
6,024 Posts
You can do all those yourself, they are Very simple. Anyone could do it really. Maybe pick up the helms manuel just in case though.

It would have made more sense if you did these installs when you still had a warrenty. Then if somehow the engine fuxed up or hydroed then you could of just taken the part off and put the stock one back on.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Plan to get an AEM V2 intake, buddy club racing header, and an injen exhaust....does it all have to be in order in building? I've been waiting since '02 for my warranty to expire, it finally has and I'm ready to mess with my car. Will it even make a difference in feel?! Rather than what I'm paying for the items, I'm more interested in the cost of installing....what's it going to cost me?!
All of those are way to easy to yourself, pneumatic tools help with exhaust & header, but not necesary. Also get a CAI not the V2, heat soak SUCKS and is very real my Civic can prove it. Noticable power loss, and a funky idle when it's HOT.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i agree heatsoak suckssss. i didnt believe it would impact that much until i felt an 80 degree day...thats when i bought the injen lol. i cant imagine what it would be like driving in 90-95 even 100 degree maryland weather :thumbsdow

·
token brown kid
35 Posts
Also get a CAI not the V2, heat soak SUCKS and is very real my Civic can prove it. Noticable power loss, and a funky idle when it's HOT.
:iamwiths:

you'll definately feel the difference in power, especially since you had all that time to get used to how your car feels now.

IMHO, if you're gonna get the BCRH, you should one the the BC cat backs, they work with each other to give the most out your money. thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got a injen sri...its aight got it for 51 bucks on ebay...u think i should sell it n get aem cai??? isnt thast a risk with the watre getting into it and possibly getting into ur engine?

Absolutely sell it! I'm sure you got it from somebody thay was unhappy with powerloss. Unless you live where standing water is common on roads I wouldn't worry about it. Hydrolock does happen, but usually can be avoided with common sense. No puddle jumping, if low spot under bridge has water don't say "I can make it" And if your car does stall don't try to start it until you KNOW there is no water in intake pipe. And so on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts