Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I put on my HID's on my projector headlights. Best thing I have done!! it looks bad ass and the light this bulb emit is just unbelievable!
when I was installing them, I came across a problem. When you go to put that rubber seal in the back, it doesnt close cause the back if the HID is sticking out... what did you guys do for that? cause It seems that if you take the rubber car off, then it will condensate.... I cut an X shape in the back of that thing and put a little bit of silicone to seal it... what did yall do?
Also, where did you put your ballast? I originally had it inside the fender, but it wasnt glueing on good, so it went under a relay that is under the light assembly.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i only put the rubber thing on one side cause i didnt think of doing it to the first one, and didnt want to take it back off... one ballast is taped under the passenger side fender, and the other one is just sitting in front of the battery.. i really dont know what to do with them?!?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Whats up Zulu? This is Josh, remember I was the first one in the area to get HID on my RSX? What I did was put the ballasts up under the actual head light. I attatched it with this strap system that I got from my work that is supposed to hold a 35" TV down to a counter top in ten foot seas on a boat. A lot of people that have mounted their ballast in a confined space that doesn't get air, overheat and short cirrcuit. For the rubber boots I carefully got my trusty gurber out and took one of the bulbs and carved it just so it would fit with the harness attatched to the bulb. I'm interested in seeing what yours looks like. I'm also about to do a BMW projector retrofit, but I am going to buy a use seperate pair of housings so I can work on it bit by bit, due to my limited free time.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JPricersx said:
Whats up Zulu? This is Josh, remember I was the first one in the area to get HID on my RSX? What I did was put the ballasts up under the actual head light. I attatched it with this strap system that I got from my work that is supposed to hold a 35" TV down to a counter top in ten foot seas on a boat. A lot of people that have mounted their ballast in a confined space that doesn't get air, overheat and short cirrcuit. For the rubber boots I carefully got my trusty gurber out and took one of the bulbs and carved it just so it would fit with the harness attatched to the bulb. I'm interested in seeing what yours looks like. I'm also about to do a BMW projector retrofit, but I am going to buy a use seperate pair of housings so I can work on it bit by bit, due to my limited free time.
Whats up Josh!! good to see that you are posting on the site!
Anyhow, are you still working at west marine? if so, I will have to stop by and see what you have done to your RSX and to show you mt Projectors with HID's.
Also,let me know when you're going to buy a stock set of headlights, cause I can sell you mines.
Later
Zulu

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey man! I am still Inventory manager at the west marine in Fort Walton. I mostly work weekends during off season because that is the only time we are really busy. How much do you want to sell your stock headlights for....I'm not looking to pay that much, cause I'm going to do the retrofit to the spare ones, so I don't have to worry about messing up and being screwed over! Talk to you later, Josh

·
Registered
530 Posts
i have the halos too

should i get 6000 or 8000

·
-------------------------
5,640 Posts
8000K HID with very crappy H3 halogen projectors probably puts out shitty light...

You should look into fitting an OEM projector in place of the crappy H3 one.

Also, don't go over 6000K. It's useless and looks very ricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts