Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day my cluster stopped working, no fuel gauge, speed, revs, temp, gas, door light. Only things that actually works is directional lights, hazard (same), high beams, now here is the tricky part. I disconnect it once and it turn back on like normal. But after I turn of the car one more time it doesn't work again. Also no dash light coming on either on the cluster or the ac controls. But the ac green light turns on and the defrost and air circulation light as well. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Stole this from JorgeR as nobody was responding to his thread. But I am also experiencing the same issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried the test and everything is testing correctly as it should. It seems that disconnecting the battery shorts and resets the cluster to make everything work. However, about 5-10mins after not starting the car everything stops working. I will check wiring to see if the surge charges the capacitor of the cluster and slowly dies as i am purchasing a new one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ruled out the VSS as I can read the speed/RPM, also the fuses but I will double check especially the 100A at the battery. If the cluster doesn’t fix anything.. I’m gona exhaust all my resources to fix it. If not off to the shop... ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts