Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys iam currently in the process of replacing my Instrument wire harness. I have the dash out and the old harness un done from the dash and now I need a new one. im wondering if I need one for my exact car (2002 rsx base with leather 5 speed) or if one out of say a 2002 type s would work. My drl wiring melted which is why im replacing. any help would be appreciated or if anyone is looking to sell a harness let me know please

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Wiring harnesses that do not contain any fuses or other electronics are, basically, just extension cables. It's just a multipin plastic connector with a bunch of wires. Of course... it has to fit and the pins on one end have to be connected to their correct sockets on the other. But, so far as I know, there's nothing special about the wires.

I'm assuming that your RSX is Canadian. How did the DRL wiring melt? Unless there was an issue with the fuse; that shouldn't happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wiring harnesses that do not contain any fuses or other electronics are, basically, just extension cables. It's just a multipin plastic connector with a bunch of wires. Of course... it has to fit and the pins on one end have to be connected to their correct sockets on the other. But, so far as I know, there's nothing special about the wires.

I'm assuming that your RSX is Canadian. How did the DRL wiring melt? Unless there was an issue with the fuse; that shouldn't happen.
Thanks for the input yes it is I live in B.C. it had a set of led light bars on it that were supposedly hooked too the high beams and one day I opened the door while doing something else on the car and the car was full of smoke. upon further investigation the wires from my signal light combo switch to where it meets the fuse box was melted along with the inside of the combo switch and two other wires that run off towards the drl relay that's in behind where your fog light and sunroof switches are. I tried to just replace that one little harness but it melted other wires in the harness so I need a whole harness. just not sure if I need one for my exact car with the exact options or just any other rsx. there are two 2002 rsx type s's I can get one out of a salvage yard just not sure if they will work.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Dude... that's scary.

Wires melting only happens when there is the wrong fuse or no fuse where there should be one. Fuses protect the wiring from melting and starting a fire.

Good luck with the replacement. But make sure that stuff is properly protected. You dodged a bullet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts