Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you have extensive mods lets say over $5,000 worth, do you let your insurance company know so they'll cover it? If so, do they raise your rates since they figure you're more likely to race, drive fast, etc.

·
Mr. Type-S
732 Posts
yes, they do raise the rate to cover for those parts. If you get into accident and its NOT your fault, then the other insurance carrier will pay for the mods even if you don't have it covered on your own insurance. IMO its not worth it to get it covered on your own insurance unless you suck at driving and crash into things

·
1 of 1
5,669 Posts
I was dropped from all state for having mods when I needed them. Now they cover my car again but anything that isn't OEM isn't covered.

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
For those of you have extensive mods lets say over $5,000 worth, do you let your insurance company know so they'll cover it? If so, do they raise your rates since they figure you're more likely to race, drive fast, etc.
i did not tell them
and it bit me in the A$$

i gave them $6000 (six thousand) in reciepts and they gave me about $600 (six hundred)

claiming they added no value to the car..Full coverage from state farm...

i may tell them what i have done to the car this time around, but im not sure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.