Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cbt_123
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've searched about as much as I can and haven't found an answer. From what I understand longer intake runners are better for torque, and short runners are better for hp.
I want that initial torque off the line and hp at the end. So what I'm planning on doing is put a base intake on my type s and run a single port fogger.
My questions are can it be done? Has it been done? What are the results?
Thanks.

·
kozak
634 Posts
If the tube diameter where it connects to the TB is the same than it can be done. Should it be done? No! Don't waste your time worrying about intake design. The differences in length make a very small difference on the power delivery. Just get a CAI and don't think twice about it.
"longer intake runners are better for torque, and short runners are better for hp" is misleading. What you meant to say was that longer intake runners will produce more torque and hp at a lower rpm while shorter intake runners will produce more torque and hp at a higher rpm.

·
Super Moderator
23,682 Posts
a single intake take tube is not going to make enough torque/hp difference to even notice the power difference honestly.

Just throw any nice intake on which will be better than factory and install your nitrous. The nitrous will make the difference.

Plus we own hondas... they aren't designed for torque

1 - 5 of 5 Posts